Respected Contributor

I don't mean to belittle any of the hosts or models, but now that they are

showing winter clothes, those bare legs look a lot out of place. 

Especially when you have really fair skin like many of us do.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Nylons or Leggings Please!!

Nobody wears nylons anymore unless they are black, which to me is very unprofessional where I live. So leggings would look funny with the pretty clothes some wear.Another style change I have to get use to.

Honored Contributor

When wearing a dress or skirt, I still feel more comfortable and well-dressed in stockings/leggings.  But I realize that I am a dinosaur where leg coverings are concerned.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter nylons just give a more finished look to an outfit IMHO

Valued Contributor

44fa4cac1b6569ca892af30a41b8259e.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hose are very old fashioned, I live in the Northeast and most women go bare legged all year round, I wear dresses all the time and the last time I wore panti hose was aon New Years Eve

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

On the rare occassion I wear a dress I wear stockings.  Even tanned my legs are sorta' ugly and look better with hose.  So what if they aren't in fashion.  Makes me feel better and that is who I dress for.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I still wear both and always will and I'm nowhere near retirement age.  Not sure when someone decided nylons were not to be worn anymore or when they became passe.  

I think it looks ridiculous unless you are in a summer dress which you would never wear to most workplaces.  To me, it looks like you ran out of the house half dressed.  

Honored Contributor

I'm also in the "dinosaur" category!  To me, bare legs in the cold months just aren't a good look....I don't care if it's "fashionable".  Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Do we have to be "of an age" to think bare legs look out of place?

What do women under 40 think?