Honored Contributor

Re: Nylons or Leggings Please!!

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@GATORGIRL

Awww, that's so nice that you actually remember that!  You have a great memory!  I really don't remember what brand I first got.  I wish I did.  

Back in the "old days" when you got a "good" pair of hosiery, it was a real event.  The hoisery was placed nicely in a pretty box and they were swaddled in tissue paper!  It made you feel so special and grown up!!!  

When we were teens, every week my sister and I would share a package of 3 pairs for $1 from the grocery store.  We each "got" 3 stockings.  We wore knee socks with our uniforms so stockings were for church (you did not go bare-legged) and dates. I was more careful than my sister so frequently she stole stockings out of my drawer.

I worked in a small department store where we sold Hanes and Berkshire hosiery.  They came 3 pair in a box and most ladies bought a pair at a time.  The "rich"  ladies in town purchased the entire box.  Often times men bought their wives a box as a gift.  It was my goal to own an entire box.  By the time I could afford one, pantyhose were in fashion.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nylons or Leggings Please!!

@lulu2 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@GATORGIRL

Awww, that's so nice that you actually remember that!  You have a great memory!  I really don't remember what brand I first got.  I wish I did.  

Back in the "old days" when you got a "good" pair of hosiery, it was a real event.  The hoisery was placed nicely in a pretty box and they were swaddled in tissue paper!  It made you feel so special and grown up!!!  

When we were teens, every week my sister and I would share a package of 3 pairs for $1 from the grocery store.  We each "got" 3 stockings.  We wore knee socks with our uniforms so stockings were for church (you did not go bare-legged) and dates. I was more careful than my sister so frequently she stole stockings out of my drawer.

I worked in a small department store where we sold Hanes and Berkshire hosiery.  They came 3 pair in a box and most ladies bought a pair at a time.  The "rich"  ladies in town purchased the entire box.  Often times men bought their wives a box as a gift.  It was my goal to own an entire box.  By the time I could afford one, pantyhose were in fashion.

@lulu2

What a nice story!  Thank you for sharing that.  Yes, I remember those times.  And it was thought a wonderful gift to receive hosiery like this!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin