Frequent Contributor

Nurses asked to Reuse masks. Wow

Not enough supplies.

All outlets are reporting.

Here is just one source of numerous.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-pandemic-threatens-hospitals-stretched-thin-medical-supplie...

Honored Contributor

Re: Nurses asked to Reuse masks. Wow

Yes there is a shortage, also some hospitals have shortage of sanitizers, there is a problem of them getting things.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor

I realized their was a shortage. I didn't realize and new to me they were being asked to reuse masks..iow..unprotected.

Honored Contributor

i have posted this a few times.....

my daughter works in a healthcare facility for the elderly. they have been without masks and gowns for almost a month until last week. they only have SOME masks and they are supplementing those masks with more expensive ones for other treatments.

i would not be surprised if they have had to reuse masks. when you dont have them available, you have to do the best that you can under the circumstances.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have posted this a few times.....

my daughter works in a healthcare facility for the elderly. they have been without masks and gowns for almost a month until last week. they only have SOME masks and they are supplementing those masks with more expensive ones for other treatments.

i would not be surprised if they have had to reuse masks. when you dont have them available, you have to do the best that you can under the circumstances.

True, @sunshine45, but I just wish that medical supplies -- from test kits on down -- were at the top of the immediate list. I guess that list is growing, though.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland