Respected Contributor

Re: Nurse on CNN Right Now...

On 10/27/2014 scotttie said:

Self monitoring didn't work. For some reason beyond my comprehension these medical people just dont' want to stay home for 3 weeks.

Respected Contributor

Hi Scottie my post was #448. Sorry I just saw your post now.
Super Contributor

Even after she was released she is still questioning the right of NJ government to detain and isolate her and will most likely sue as a result of her belief. She doesn't know that state elected officials have the Constitutional right to ""enforce public health"".

Honored Contributor

I've even heard "experts" (in what, I'm not sure) say that they might not come in right away if they develop early symptoms as it could be ANYTHING, a cold, the flu, exhaustion, etc., etc.

Well, HELLO, they just returned from a country where Ebola is epidemic.

Gee, I wonder if I should consider these symptoms now or wait.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And, yes, I know Miss Selfless Nurse didn't have symptoms. And I also know she hasn't been quarantined for 21 days yet.

And yes, I believe that people can do good work and still be selfish and dumb.

Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 kdgn said:
On 10/27/2014 scotttie said:
<br /> Self monitoring didn't work. For some reason beyond my comprehension these medical people just dont' want to stay home for 3 weeks.

Self monitoring did work. They are the ones who reported the fever.

They weren't under a voluntary or involuntary quarantine.

Corrent - self monitoring did work.

There's a difference between self-monitoring and quarantine.

Respected Contributor

From what Christie said in my post #448 he did what he legally was allowed to do.
Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 focksie said:

Even after she was released she is still questioning the right of NJ government to detain and isolate her and will most likely sue as a result of her belief. She doesn't know that state elected officials have the Constitutional right to ""enforce public health"".

Maybe her exhaustion has rendered her stooooopid.

Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 SmittenKitten said:
On 10/27/2014 soxfan said:
On 10/27/2014 dooBdoo said:

Here's the piece in its entirety. To me, it sounds like someone who was exhausted, hungry, exasperated, and disillusioned, whether deservedly so or not. Even so, it reminds me of the emails I write and then <em>save as a draft</em> to rethink and send (or trash) after more careful consideration. Or the posts I write here, and then don't "submit."Wink

~~~~~

And yet she wasn't too "exhausted, hungry, exasperated or disillusioned" to pen this manifesto. And it further proves she was not denied her freedom of speech as was stated by a poster earlier in this thread.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Exactly why (in my opinion) it might have been a great rough draft, saved for more careful consideration. But I’m just guessing.

Hey, I know I can write “wondrous, brilliant” manifesto rough drafts to myself when I’m feeling eloquent and undaunted{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} . . . and they somehow transform themselves into the bizarre and what-the-heck-was-I-thinking category overnight.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Maybe we can hope this leads to better preparation for the future. It sounds like poor treatment at the airport, but we have one side of the story in her narrative.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

MJ- I do wonder what part of self-monitoring is not being understood. Self-monitoring is checking your temperature twice a day and reporting it. That is all they did.

A quarantine is remaining at home, restricting your movements to your place of residence.

Self-monitoring DID work. None of them were under mandatory quarantine. Snyderman placed herself and the crew under quarantine and then broke it.

Honored Contributor

I want to see a quarantine for all returning or entering from the ebola hot zones not just medical staff.I think this could spread in this country as easily as any other because we are all on the move daily.people are out in public when they are sick now with flus and colds so why would we think they would remain at home if they were at risk for something worse.