Honored Contributor

Re: Number of new cases rose by 60% overnight

@cherry wrote:

@dex  It is also the end of the month and people are probably  low on funds, so they don't go shopping until pay day

No it’s not that..it is unusually dead around here.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot @I hope you can stay well.Do you have any special things you do to prevent sickness?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D :  If this outbreak lasts three weeks, can we expect a (hysterical) update daily?  If it lasts 3 months, can we expect the same?  Obviously, when some readers are still asking "where is the outbreak?" , why not leave the updates to mainstream news (more info, and mitigating circumstances and no hysteria!).

Respected Contributor

Plane just landed here in Alaska bringing evacuated people. After refueling they leave for California 

Honored Contributor

Seriously, better that our media keeps us informed/updated, than 'cover it up'.  

Best thing for us to do is to be mindful of keeping our hands and faces clean.

Wash our hands before eating (which I learned as a toddler). 

Even in elementary school, we were nicely, calmly told to wash our hands before lunch.  Which is what we all did.

I really don't recall any of the youngsters being sick while in school.  No coughing that I can remember.

Oh, well.........times were 'different'.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Buffalogal47 :  China isn't "a very dirty country"; and although their entire country isn't hiding extensive poverty, they are far from perfect.  I have been to China twice; first in 1981 (when it was definitely a third world country and 3 years ago when huge leaps have been made and (literally) the only thing you couldn't buy was Japanese cars ;China remembers the atrocities of the thirties and forties by Japanese).  This virus has the makings of a pandemic and the Chinese are taking Draconian measures to try to control this.  I, for one, am glad they are doing their best!

Esteemed Contributor

An interesting little wrinkle, people are beating the screening by taking fever reducing medications before traveling.  

Esteemed Contributor

What a thread!  It's microbiology, geography, epidemiology and algebra, all rolled up into one entertaining course.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

What a thread!  It's microbiology, geography, epidemiology and algebra, all rolled up into one entertaining course.

Those are some BIG WORDS!!!!Woman Wink

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Seriously, better that our media keeps us informed/updated, than 'cover it up'.  

Best thing for us to do is to be mindful of keeping our hands and faces clean.

Wash our hands before eating (which I learned as a toddler). 

Even in elementary school, we were nicely, calmly told to wash our hands before lunch.  Which is what we all did.

I really don't recall any of the youngsters being sick while in school.  No coughing that I can remember.

Oh, well.........times were 'different'.  

@ROMARY  We were never told to wash our hands in school. I never remember a classroom full of little kids trotting off to the bathroom to wash. Of course this was many years ago. Don’t get the times were different.

I can count on one hand the times in my life I have been sick. A cold? Very very rare. Flu? Once. I have an excellent immune system.