Super Contributor

Re: Now we have 7

[ Edited ]

I am so sorry for your loss, your grief.

To me, it doesn't matter if a four-legged baby cleaves to us for a year, 5 years, 15 years or longer.  When they leave us, no matter how long or short we were privileged to know them, the loss is profound and unbearable.  

Eventually, if you're able to come up for air, perhaps you will adopt another boo to add to your family -- to honor the love you lost.  But give yourself a chance to grieve, to honor the memory of a loving companion and friend.

All my best.

Honored Contributor

grey-kitty-macro.png (278×279)

My deepest sympathies...

I hope that you'll have at least one new 'lounge snuggler' soon.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry John.

"For the soul of every living thing is in the hand of God" Job 12:10

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

My heart aches for you and Cindy.  I'm so sorry John.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Frequent Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost one of my best kitty friends a couple months ago.  It is hard.  I am sending you healing thoughts and prayers.

Honored Contributor

Sorry for your loss, it's always hard when a beloved pet dies. We've had many beloved pets come and go over he years and I remember and still miss them all, even the ones that were not the best of pets.

Honored Contributor

hckynutjohn wrote:

photo RainbowBridge2_zpsvtehu2ub.jpg

RainbowBridge

Our feline family after today is now down to 7. Pitty, one of our Black felines and our 2nd oldest, had to be put to sleep earlier today. Another one that came on just in the last 2-3 days. He had several unrecoverable problems and not a sign of any of them until last Thursday. We had to put his "mom" to sleep less than 6 months ago, and they both were my lounge chair partners almost every night. They are together once again.

Seems like about the time things are better, they are not. Optimism allows some humans to look at the good side. We had him and exchanged love with him for over 15 years. Those will be the thoughts that we will try to keep in our head during these rough times.

@hckynutjohn, Your post made me cry.  These sweet creatures become a part of our heart, don't they.  Little HeartPittyHeart was lucky to have the loving home you and Cindy provided.

I hope Cindy is doing better, now.  I continue to pray for both of you and for her medical team.  Take care.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Terrywu and @photodreamr, I'm sorry for your recent losses.Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

JOHN...

i'm so sorry for your loss.

In May i had to help my beloved 15 year old dog cross over

ThE Rainbow Bridge....i t was hard and i still miss him.

I think we all know when it's time to help them...if we have that choice ..some don't as they leave so unexpected.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry for your loss, Pitty had a lot of love in his 15 years.. My kitties are getting older & I'm dreading the day they start leavng me, it makes my heart hurt & it makes me cry thinking about it because they are so precious to me.