Re: Now the closing early of food stores - Publix

@noodleann wrote:

We need recipes for DIY wipes.

I've seen them on Youtube.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Why not bring your own wipes?  Or, just wear gloves. Or in a pinch, use a few tissues in your hands.

I'm thinking this is not deep cleaning stores, it's restocking. Going forward I think suppliers and distributors will not be able to keep up with stores demands. You'll see more limited hours. Like Italy.

Honored Contributor

I got an email from the Gelson's grocery chain, saying they are now closing earlier -- 9 pm -- so that they have more time to restock for the following day.    I've been in two half empty stores today, so that makes sense.  The employees are all being run ragged.

Respected Contributor

it’s a little unnerving, I went for a few things, not hoarding, just needed a few items.  The meat counters were bare.  Nothing left, it was a little scary.  No bread or ANY bread products, limited milk, no paper products.  No potatoes, all produce very low.  No flour! Employees said there is nothing to restock.  This is a very huge grocery store.  People leaving with carts so full.  I do agree, the employees probably need a break.  The meat counters scared me a bit.  I’ve never seen it like this EVER,  The schools closing here in PA for two weeks.  People are panicking.  I understand it is serious, but....

Regular Contributor

Spray on some Lysol and wipe it with a towel.

Esteemed Contributor

It’s pathetic people are stealing wipes and sanitizer.  Not surprised since so many are incapable of thinking about others.  

I overheard an employee at a grocery telling another worker not to put out the sanitizers and keep them in the back for themselves.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spursfan2 wrote:
sad to say it doesnt take long for humanity to become a Lord of The Flies scenario. stealing shopping cart wipe dispensers? really? imagine what someone might do to you for a roll of toilet paper. 😳

So true!

I've seen many videos online of brutal beat-downs occurring in stores over supplies, including 2 sisters who attacked and beat an 8 months pregnant woman over ONE small bottle of hand sanitizer in a drug store.

Today, a video of 2 men in a Sam's store who bumped carts, a fight ensued near the wine section and bottles of wine were broken.

They then proceed to slash each other with the broken wine bottles, both left on stretchers.

Yes, I'm avoiding stores right now, but not because of the virus, but because of irrational hot-headed people who let their tempers rule their disturbing actions.

This is just crazy, some people are losing their minds!!!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@noodleann wrote:

We need recipes for DIY wipes.

______

Just take the flushable wipes, open the package and then pour Lysol Anti-bacterial/anti-viral Concentrate (kill 99.9%) until the wipes get super-saturated.  Put them in a quart ziploc to contain the liquid as it may leak out of the original pop-up package. 

Now, this is assuming the Lysol concentrate is available.  I did see it at Wal-Mart in the store, and on their grocery website online.

Big Lots had them on their website and in the store (Lysol wipes).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bet our Shoprite is handing the cart handle wipes out now instead of the honor system at the front door because they don't want people stealing them.

If the stores are recommending curb side pickup then they should waive the fee until this is over.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

I'm sitting here laughing because of this post.  It hits on something that happened just a few hours ago in my home.

One of my sons was out front and requested I leave a container of Lysol Disinfectant Wipes on the porch.  After taking a brief walk, he wanted to wipe down the inside of his car.

He came in, and after about 20 minutes I asked if he brought the Lysol container in with him.  His response was that he thought he hadn't.  Immediately, my panic mode kicked in and I kiddingly said to him, "Don't you know those wipes are almost as valuable as gold these days?"   (There haven't been any available on the store shelves around here for about a week and a half.)

Without hesitating a moment, I opened my front door and was relieved to find the container still there.  This is a very quiet neighborhood and there are hardly ever any walkers in front of my home, but I still could not wait to bring my wipes back inside.  LOL

@golding76 

A friend and her family went to the mountain resort for Spring Break.  She posted photos on Facebook....And her husband posted his response:

Well my wife just informed the whole world we are on vacation....just a note to theives---we removed the valuables from our home---there is NO toilert paper or hand sanitizers in our house!!! Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”