Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Now the closing early of food stores - Publix

[ Edited ]

Just announced closing all stores at 8pm.

Recommending curbside pick-up vs. shopping in store.

99BA0807-CC77-472F-A906-B1B9BC64AB55.jpeg

Apparently, the stores need more time for employees to clean throughout evening hours.

Our local Publix is "handing out" wipes vs allowing customer to take.  WHY????? People stealing the containers🙄🙄🙄🙄

Crazy times ahead for sure!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Now the closing early of food stores - Publix

The Kroger I shop at also had the big Purell dispenser stolen that they have inside the front door to wipe off the cart handles. I hope the dispenser was almost empty so the thief didn’t get many.
Respected Contributor

Wow, people stealing the wipes that are meant to be used by the shoppers.  Who would ever even think to do that?  Very very selfish.

My store was outta wipes when I went this morning, but a worker was filling the box up when I left, and he handed me one, for which I was grateful.  When I was done loading my vehicle, a fellow approached and told me he would take my basket, so I wiped it down for him.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Wow, people stealing the wipes that are meant to be used by the shoppers.  Who would ever even think to do that?  Very very selfish.

My store was outta wipes when I went this morning, but a worker was filling the box up when I left, and he handed me one, for which I was grateful.  When I was done loading my vehicle, a fellow approached and told me he would take my basket, so I wiped it down for him.

@jellyBEAN I think people are just really, really scared.  This too shall pass.

Honored Contributor

I'm sitting here laughing because of this post.  It hits on something that happened just a few hours ago in my home.

One of my sons was out front and requested I leave a container of Lysol Disinfectant Wipes on the porch.  After taking a brief walk, he wanted to wipe down the inside of his car.

He came in, and after about 20 minutes I asked if he brought the Lysol container in with him.  His response was that he thought he hadn't.  Immediately, my panic mode kicked in and I kiddingly said to him, "Don't you know those wipes are almost as valuable as gold these days?"   (There haven't been any available on the store shelves around here for about a week and a half.)

Without hesitating a moment, I opened my front door and was relieved to find the container still there.  This is a very quiet neighborhood and there are hardly ever any walkers in front of my home, but I still could not wait to bring my wipes back inside.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Wegmans also announced that its stores would be closing early for cleaning and restocking.  They said it's a temporary measure.  Closing times vary by store but they're 10 pm, 11 pm, or midnight.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

At our Publix they moved the wipes dispensers to right in front of the CS station. Someone asked if that was really necessary and the answer was yes, that people were stealing them. I can’t even imagine how they would do that.. or why. It isn’t necessary.

They probably aren’t that busy after 8pm anyway. Whatever it takes. 

Valued Contributor

sad to say it doesnt take long for humanity to become a Lord of The Flies scenario. stealing shopping cart wipe dispensers? really? imagine what someone might do to you for a roll of toilet paper. 😳
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We need recipes for DIY wipes.

Valued Contributor

Stores are being ravaged and the poor employees are being run ragged. I don’t blame them for needing additional recovery time.