Honored Contributor

Re: Now the Patriots are saying....

On 1/27/2015 brii said:

Guacamole and nachos for sure. I ordered a platter of mini subs - turkey, caprese, roast beef, and Italian. I was thinking of maybe a hot crab dip.

Hi brii,

What time should I arrive? YUMMY!!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/27/2015 terrier3 said:
On 1/27/2015 mochachino said:
On 1/27/2015 terrier3 said:

Why would someone "sneak" and make the game balls more to Brady's liking?

The team playing against him would never want to give him an advantage.

<em>It was someone from the Patriots - at the request of the QB.</em>

They need to just shut up and play ball!!! They are just digging themselves in even deeper.

BTW - Brady was one of the QBs who lobbied to allow the teams to prepare their game balls to the preferences of the QB. Before, they just all played with identical balls.

another one of your matter of fact posts that has no basis in truth except in your mind. Or do you now know someone who has the inside info on Brady and heard this straight from TB's mouth?

It's my opinion - based on logic.

There is no way the opponent would have done something against the rules to give Brady an edge.

There is no equipment manager or ball boy on earth who would have done this on their own.

I watched his press conference - he wasn't being honest. IMO.

Football is a dirty game that bows at the altar of $$$$$. I doubt anything will be done - and cheating will remain rampant.

fine, then say it like it's your opinion. You say things as if they are facts.

As for the opponent giving them the edge, of course they wouldn't do that. But their are many people who would want to start this controversy to make the Pats look bad, think bookies, cheats, IDK, someone always has an ax to grind for whatever reason they come up with.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/27/2015 SydneyH said:
On 1/27/2015 mochachino said:

I don't think whether he did or did not cheat on a woman has anything to do with how he plays football. He didn't deflate the balls. I have no dog in this fight whatsoever but equating cheating on a girl to cheating in his profession is really stretching it.

I don't think people need to put someone's personal life under a microscope all the time so they can use every indiscretion against them at a later date. There is no denying that he will be in the HOF some day. And so will his coach.

If I'm jealous at all, it's only that my team perpetually stinks and we had BB before the owner moved the team to Baltimore. Cleveland is cursed forever.

Hugs, at least y'all have LeBron, lol.

yep, for now. Go Cavs.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

This is so cool. We're all rooting for the Hawks then. Hear us roarSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 tansy said:

I like their uniforms too! LOL

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 brii said:
On 1/27/2015 tansy said:

I like their uniforms too! LOL

Well, yeah, there's the cute uniforms factor, too. The Hawks have it all Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 guatmum said:

First, there are many people who don't like the Patriots, many because of jealousy. Second, no other team had their footballs checked after the game. It doesn't happen. It only happened in this case because one player from the opposing team made an accusation. Who knows the inflation status of any other team's footballs? For all we know, it could be common to have some of the footballs test at a lower pressure if checked after the game.

Definitely sounds like someone is DESPERATELY looking for an outside excuse for blowing a game so badly.

The player from the opposing team who intercepted the ball denied he made THE accusation.

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 brii said:

What does Tom Brady's cheating on his girlfriend have to do with anything? That's kind of a stretch, isn't it?

Not on Viewpoints.

Valued Contributor

On 1/27/2015 tansy said:

Actually, there are many of us rooting for the Patriots. Though I have to say that I'm not that invested in it either way. Many on these boards like to see anyone accused of anything in the news as guilty and give us all their "Sherlock Holmes" explanations. I think it's amusing but sure hope they don't assume guilt in real life. That's against everything this country stands for, right?

Respected Contributor

JEALOUS??? Bwahahahahahaha