Super Contributor

Re: Now the Patriots are saying....

On 1/28/2015 FluffyCat said:
On 1/27/2015 BecauseCats said: OP - STOP BEING SO NASTY and keeping tbis nonsense going! I saId from day 1 - setup. So give it a rest. People like you love this kind mud raking, hurtful, damaging prpoganda that has no basis in fact. So shut up.

And you're not?

Obviously a disgruntled Patriots fan. LOL.

Occasional Contributor

On 1/27/2015 occasional rain said:
On 1/27/2015 JudyCO said:
On 1/27/2015 KathyPet said: No one has yet been able to explain to me how the referees who moved those balls around after every single play were not able to discern this underweight problem.

Exactly. NO ONE noticed. Not the random people on the sidelines who caught the incompletes or fouls, the photographers or people in the end zones who grabbed them, anyone in the stands that happened to get a ball, a lot of people handled those footballs during the first half and no one noticed anything? Until one player said something?

How can you know what someone noticed or didn't notice? That no one spoke up doesn't mean they didn't notice. As to handling the balls, handling isn't the same as gripping the ball as both the quarterback and the receiver would do. Looking for excuses doesn't change the fact that the Patriots are cheaters.

So you're saying someone(s) might have noticed a deflated ball being used by the Patriots and NOT have spoken up? Even though that is blatantly against the rules and the majority of the people on this thread are losing their minds about it on this thread- you think people just kept their mouths shut? Ok. So how many people were involved in this, exactly?

It's been "one of those days" for like three years now...
Super Contributor

If anyone was going to notice, it would be the pros who know how a deflated ball feels. These were Patriot footballs that the other side may or may not touch depending on the plays. Who else would know for sure how the ball was supposed to feel but the ones who have control of the ball during most of the game and grip and throw it regularly? The QB's. Eleven out of twelve seems a little bit more than just accidental. So they cheated. They still would have won regardless, so it's a moot point, except for the notion that if a league has rules, then they should either be enforced or eliminated from the rule book. Simple as that.

Respected Contributor

Try 11 balls and it was reported during the game. But it was blown off by the refs. There is much culpability in this and it is despicable it hasn't been dealt with yet.

Wish it a way all you want but it was found to be true. Do you condone cheating???

11 BALLS Deflated=CHEATING

Cheaters get to play the most important game of the year and if they win, it will still be under the shroud of guilt.

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 SydneyH said:
On 1/27/2015 Caravaggio said:

With good reason NE has a history of cheating.

Considering Tom Brady cheated on his pregnant girlfriend I don't see how he should be considered a shining example of a Sportsmanship.

The cheating is an urban myth, dunno why it continues to persist, lol.

Just read the whole thread and I see the topic has been covered.

Occasional Contributor

One Colts player reported it. It was reported repeatedly and blown off by the refs. No one noticed a difference. The difference was noticed by many. How many stories are there? The stats remain- Brady played better after the deflated balls were replaced. What does that say? There is so much speculation and ugliness on this thread.

It's been "one of those days" for like three years now...
Super Contributor

Go Hawks!

Honored Contributor

The last report I heard said the investigation will take awhile. (why I do not know) I do not believe there will be a final report until after the Super Bowl.

Reading through this thread, there are a lot of inaccuracies being repeated over and over.

Super Contributor

On 1/28/2015 lulu2 said:

The last report I heard said the investigation will take awhile. (why I do not know) I do not believe there will be a final report until after the Super Bowl.

Reading through this thread, there are a lot of inaccuracies being repeated over and over.

I believe it took TWO investigations before they finally got to the bottom of the New Orleans Saints and their targeting. So it doesn't surprise me that this is still unsettled 4 days before the Super Bowl. It isn't like they've found a "smoking gun" with the empty shell casings laying nearby and fingerprint on the "smoking gun" yet.

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 muttmom said:

If there is a video of what happened to the balls, the public needs to know what it shows.

Until someone or something proves the Patriots cheated, they should play in the Super Bowl.

Thank you.