Super Contributor

Re: Now the Patriots are saying....

LOL. You can't make these things up. The truth is stranger than fiction.

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2015 KathyPet said: No one has yet been able to explain to me how the referees who moved those balls around after every single play were not able to discern this underweight problem.

That's what has me puzzled too. They are the ones who place the ball on the field. I did read a report earlier that states that the Patriots turned in the underinflated footballs and the referee signed off on them. It was indicated that a pressure gauge was not used to test them first.

But the NFL will have to prove that a gauge was used to test all 48 footballs. That's going to be difficult. According to the story, the NFL could well be covering up for negligent officials prior to the playoff game. IE, if the 48 footballs were not actually tested and the referee signed off that they were, well..... It's their officials with the problem.

The video with the supposed person of interest shows him taking two bags of footballs into a bathroom. 90 seconds later he emerges from the bathroom. That's only enough time to do your business and I hope he washed his hands......

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Georgie the 5th said:

Here's another Shameful!

The Patriot's have a running back by the name of LeGarrette Blount. The funny thing about Mr. Blount is that he started this past season as a Steeler. But, one day in November, he threw a hissy fit and stomped off the field DURING A GAME and changed out of his uniform into street clothes and finished the rest of the game SITTING ON THE TEAM BUS. The Patriots signed him two days after he was cut by the Steelers on Nov. 18 for leaving the field before their game was finished against Tennessee. Here's the thing, he played for the Patriots prior to being signed by the Steelers. He knew the Patriot's system. The Patriots needed a running back. Can you say COLLUSION.

I remember that incident but for the life of me don't remember IF they were playing in Nashville or Pittsburgh . .. son and husband had tickets for the game in Nashville . . . he's trying to see as many teams as possible and this year Pittsburgh, Giants and maybe Panthers were the three games I bought them tickets to.

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Qwackertoo said:
I remember that incident but for the life of me don't remember IF they were playing in Nashville or Pittsburgh . .. son and husband had tickets for the game in Nashville . . . he's trying to see as many teams as possible and this year Pittsburgh, Giants and maybe Panthers were the three games I bought them tickets to.

The incident took place in Nashville.

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Georgie the 5th said:
On 1/27/2015 Qwackertoo said:

The incident took place in Nashville.

Thanks. That is what I thought but wasn't 100% sure.

Super Contributor

Anyone see Teddy Bear the Porcupine and his predictions?

Will he go 4 for 4?

Where do they come up with this stuff on youtube? Smiley Happy

Whatever they do . . . keep that Porcupine away from those footballs!!! Smiley Wink

Occasional Contributor

On 1/27/2015 KathyPet said: No one has yet been able to explain to me how the referees who moved those balls around after every single play were not able to discern this underweight problem.

Exactly. NO ONE noticed. Not the random people on the sidelines who caught the incompletes or fouls, the photographers or people in the end zones who grabbed them, anyone in the stands that happened to get a ball, a lot of people handled those footballs during the first half and no one noticed anything? Until one player said something?

It's been "one of those days" for like three years now...
Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 JudyCO said:

Exactly. NO ONE noticed. Not the random people on the sidelines who caught the incompletes or fouls, the photographers or people in the end zones who grabbed them, anyone in the stands that happened to get a ball, a lot of people handled those footballs during the first half and no one noticed anything? Until one player said something?

How can you know what someone noticed or didn't notice? That no one spoke up doesn't mean they didn't notice. As to handling the balls, handling isn't the same as gripping the ball as both the quarterback and the receiver would do. Looking for excuses doesn't change the fact that the Patriots are cheaters.

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 croemer said:
On 1/27/2015 RainCityGirl said:
On 1/27/2015 SydneyH said:
On 1/27/2015 occasional rain said:

Was the fine they got for cheating a myth too?

No one is jealous of this team of cheaters.

It wasn't a member of the other team who suggested the balls were deflated. This team and it's coach have been proven to be cheaters so it's no surprise that they continue to be suspected.

OR, read the entire thread, I was referring to the myth that Brady cheated on a pregnant girlfriend. To my knowledge he was not personally fined for the SpyGate saga either.....

Didn't he dump Bridget Moynihan when she was 4 months pregnant and then start a relationship with Giselle?

Yes...

What a prince of a guy!

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 BecauseCats said: OP - STOP BEING SO NASTY and keeping tbis nonsense going! I saId from day 1 - setup. So give it a rest. People like you love this kind mud raking, hurtful, damaging prpoganda that has no basis in fact. So shut up.

And you're not?