Honored Contributor

Re: Now the Patriots are saying....

On 1/27/2015 occasional rain said:

Was the fine they got for cheating a myth too?

No one is jealous of this team of cheaters.

It wasn't a member of the other team who suggested the balls were deflated. This team and it's coach have been proven to be cheaters so it's no surprise that they continue to be suspected.

OR, read the entire thread, I was referring to the myth that Brady cheated on a pregnant girlfriend. To my knowledge he was not personally fined for the SpyGate saga either.....

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 SydneyH said:

It wasn't a member of the other team who suggested the balls were deflated. This team and it's coach have been proven to be cheaters so it's no surprise that they continue to be suspected.

OR, read the entire thread, I was referring to the myth that Brady cheated on a pregnant girlfriend. To my knowledge he was not personally fined for the SpyGate saga either.....

I do believe it was 500K for BB, the coach, and 250K for the team . . . not an amount reported or listed for TB.

Super Contributor

Didn't he dump Bridget Moynihan when she was 4 months pregnant and then start a relationship with Giselle?

Honored Contributor

Maybe the Patriot supporters can explain how it is that Brady didn't realize the balls were under inflated and report it himself.

Surely after all these years of handling footballs, he would know that they were under inflated, but wait, he prefers them under inflated and has said so in previous interviews.

The fact is that having home field advantage, playing outside in cold rainy weather against a dome team, wasn't advantage enough for the Patriots, they had to deflate their balls to give Brady an advantage in throwing and their receivers an advantage in catching.

It's up to the referees and officials to check the equipment before it reaches the field, not the players.

Well you can be sure that had the balls been over inflated Brady would have made it known.

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Qwackertoo said:

Maybe the Patriot supporters can explain how it is that Brady didn't realize the balls were under inflated and report it himself.

Surely after all these years of handling footballs, he would know that they were under inflated, but wait, he prefers them under inflated and has said so in previous interviews.

The fact is that having home field advantage, playing outside in cold rainy weather against a dome team, wasn't advantage enough for the Patriots, they had to deflate their balls to give Brady an advantage in throwing and their receivers an advantage in catching.

Is 49 degrees in MA in January considered cold?

It is to a team used to playing under a dome.

49 degrees . . . cold as in how much an affect on the air pressure in the football not the players themselves.

I'd have to look up what temp was at halftime . . . I don't recall that but 49 doesn't seem cold to me and I'm from the south . . . I'd think in the North, either MA or IN 49 would almost be like a summer day. Smiley Happy

If the temperature was responsible for the loss of pressure all 12 would have been deflated not 11. So, obviously, someone tampered with them and since it gave an advantage to the Patriots, we have motive, evidence, and it looks like video will show opportunity.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

At the end of it all, New England is the better team than the Colts and Ravens and should be in the SB. Do I believe that Brady knew something was going on? Yes. Do I think anything will ever be proven? No. That said, NE now knows all eyes are watching which will hopefully defer future questionable behavior. May the best team win on Sunday, without anyone feeling the need to cheat.
Respected Contributor

Here's an idea...let the opposing team have under inflated balls.

and no I am not a SH's fan. But they are looking better all the time now.

(And cheating does NOT make the Pats a better team.)

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 RainCityGirl said:

Didn't he dump Bridget Moynihan when she was 4 months pregnant and then start a relationship with Giselle?

Yes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

Actually I have heard the story that they broke up and she found out she was pregnant after.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

49 degrees . . . cold as in how much an affect on the air pressure in the football not the players themselves.

I'd have to look up what temp was at halftime . . . I don't recall that but 49 doesn't seem cold to me and I'm from the south . . . I'd think in the North, either MA or IN 49 would almost be like a summer day. Smiley Happy

If the temperature was responsible for the loss of pressure all 12 would have been deflated not 11. So, obviously, someone tampered with them and since it gave an advantage to the Patriots, we have motive, evidence, and it looks like video will show opportunity.

It has not been reported or published WHAT the weights were of the 11 under regulation footballs NOR the weight of the 1 regulation met football.

That said . . . I'm not a scientist and I'm guessing you aren't either . . . that 1 could have been borderline . . . could have been in the middle of the bag surrounded/insulated by the others . . . it is UNKNOWN.

Show me the money. Show me the proof.

I don't believe in a conviction by popular opinion or the media.

I prefer to have a video showing tampering . . . or evidence of payment made to make it happen or something more substantial than has been provided to the general public to date.

Not just heresay. Heresay doesn't hold up in court. And doesn't hold up as absolute guilt to me.