Super Contributor

Re: Now the Patriots are saying....

On 1/27/2015 guatmum said:

First, there are many people who don't like the Patriots, many because of jealousy. Second, no other team had their footballs checked after the game. It doesn't happen. It only happened in this case because one player from the opposing team made an accusation. Who knows the inflation status of any other team's footballs? For all we know, it could be common to have some of the footballs test at a lower pressure if checked after the game.

Definitely sounds like someone is DESPERATELY looking for an outside excuse for blowing a game so badly.

Oh please, THAT old chestnut??? If that's all you've got to defend them with, your case is non-existent. The reason the authorities need to be vigilant about checking up on the Patriots is because they have a history of ... can you spell it? ...CHEATING.

Sound like you're pretty desperate yourself.

Super Contributor

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

Maybe the Patriot supporters can explain how it is that Brady didn't realize the balls were under inflated and report it himself.

Surely after all these years of handling footballs, he would know that they were under inflated, but wait, he prefers them under inflated and has said so in previous interviews.

The fact is that having home field advantage, playing outside in cold rainy weather against a dome team, wasn't advantage enough for the Patriots, they had to deflate their balls to give Brady an advantage in throwing and their receivers an advantage in catching.

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 muttmom said:

If there is a video of what happened to the balls, the public needs to know what it shows.

Until someone or something proves the Patriots cheated, they should play in the Super Bowl.

Saw a news report earlier today . . . video showed locker room attendant stopping by the restroom on his way from the referee's locker room to the field . . . supposedly he was in the restroom for a sum total of 90 seconds.

The report didn't say IF the attendant had both bags of footballs for the Patriot's which would consist of 12 footballs for the offense and 6 footballs for the kicking team.

Given 90 seconds, I don't think anyone could deflate 11 footballs by 2 pounds of psi each in 90 seconds unless he had assistants located & hidden in the restroom. haha

Perhaps it will just boil down to the fact the footballs were inflated to . . . one report I read was 12#'s psi . . . which is below the 12.5#'s on the chance the referees would NOT check them . . . I haven't seen a referee step up to the mike and say I absolutely positively checked the Patriot's footballs like I was suppose to . . . then additional loss on the field with temperature drop of 70F to 49F @ game time . . . and precipitation and humidity.

Without solid proof . . . and there isn't . . . not yet . . . Play Ball . . . ooops that is what they say in baseball . . . Drop The Puck in hockey . . . what DO They Say In Football? May the best team win? Or just good luck? I'll have to listen in when they do the coin toss to see what they say.

I will fix food, snacks, watch the game, the commercials, halftime and enjoy the day.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad they didn't touch his balls inside the bathroom.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 occasional rain said:

Maybe the Patriot supporters can explain how it is that Brady didn't realize the balls were under inflated and report it himself.

Surely after all these years of handling footballs, he would know that they were under inflated, but wait, he prefers them under inflated and has said so in previous interviews.

The fact is that having home field advantage, playing outside in cold rainy weather against a dome team, wasn't advantage enough for the Patriots, they had to deflate their balls to give Brady an advantage in throwing and their receivers an advantage in catching.

Is 49 degrees in MA in January considered cold?

Honored Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Qwackertoo said:

It is to a team used to playing under a dome.

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Qwackertoo said:

It is to a team used to playing under a dome.

49 degrees . . . cold as in how much an affect on the air pressure in the football not the players themselves.

I'd have to look up what temp was at halftime . . . I don't recall that but 49 doesn't seem cold to me and I'm from the south . . . I'd think in the North, either MA or IN 49 would almost be like a summer day. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It's up to the referees and officials to check the equipment before it reaches the field, not the players.