Respected Contributor

Re: Now that we've named those we'd like dinner with, what creator, artist, or inventor would you li

@blackhole99 wrote:

Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera and I want to have dinner with them in Mexico. I saw the movie Frida and OMG what a strong interesting woman. Loved her art and although she certainly wasn't an artist in the classic sense like her husband DR, I'd rather own something she painted. DR was such a weak man, but I think he did love Frida in his own way. I guess Frida has been dead quite awhile, I don't really know if her husband is still alive. I wouldn't want to have dinner with just him though.

Was it the movie with salma hayek  as frida,  @blackhole99?  That's where I learned about her too. Great, fascinating movie.

Honored Contributor

Re: Now that we've named those we'd like dinner with, what creator, artist, or inventor would you li

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera and I want to have dinner with them in Mexico. I saw the movie Frida and OMG what a strong interesting woman. Loved her art and although she certainly wasn't an artist in the classic sense like her husband DR, I'd rather own something she painted. DR was such a weak man, but I think he did love Frida in his own way. I guess Frida has been dead quite awhile, I don't really know if her husband is still alive. I wouldn't want to have dinner with just him though.

Was it the movie with salma hayek  as frida,  @blackhole99?  That's where I learned about her too. Great, fascinating movie.

@Ms tyrion2Yes, I have the movie on DVD and have watched it many times, it just doesn't get old and I always see something I missed.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dead list: J D Salinger, Samuel Clemens, George Washington Carver, Thurgood Marshall,  Frank Lloyd Wright, Isadora Duncan

Living list: Elon Musk, Barrack and Michelle Obama, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet. Neil de Grasse Tyson, Paul Krugman

Honored Contributor

I'd love to sit down with Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland