Respected Contributor

Re: Now There’s a Tampax Shortage!

I am not being sarcastic when I say this so please no personal attacks but toilet paper works when nothing else is available. It is just a suggestion.
Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
I am not being sarcastic when I say this so please no personal attacks but toilet paper works when nothing else is available. It is just a suggestion.

Yes, but tp does not have the plastic backing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

not sure if many would figure out how to fold, and apply the cloth diaper to their babies. they might just think they are to be worn on the head like a bananas

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle 

…,but Saran Wrap does and you can make your own pads by using Puppy Pads.

I am long past ‘the stage’, but if I weren’t I certainly would figure out how to make my own.

Respected Contributor

My youngest could not wear disposable diapers. I had to wash cloth ones....our neighbor had a diaper service and I was so envious...but we were young and poor and no way we could afford it then. I suddenly feel like hoarding Poise pads........

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 LOL, They've had pre-folded ones for years.  I used them for my son, born in 1969.  I've never bought a disposable diaper.  I did have a diaper service deliver for him to his babysitter but used my own at home.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Isobel Archer    Apparently you're very short on empathy, which is indeed sad.

I think you misunderstood her comment!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not to be the grim reaper, but be prepared for more supply shortages to come. Very sad for our country.

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

There's something really sad about the almost smugness of not needing the item either in short supply or at high cost.

Oh I just drove my EV past all those gas stations and didn't care how much it cost.

I don't need baby formula - or diapers - and I really don't see why others can't just make do without them.

Or tampax -  or whatever.

Sad.

@Isobel Archer 

Very caring post.  Just because I don't need baby formula my heart breaks for my neighbors and grands that do.  With all the pressure on new moms, who have to go back to work no disposal diapers would be tough but they can and will figure it out. 

I care about prices not for myself as much as families struggling.  I'm saving where I can to help with donations etc.  Some can't afford gas to get to work while others brag about electric cars.  Indeed sad.

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@Kachina624 

not sure if many would figure out how to fold, and apply the cloth diaper to their babies. they might just think they are to be worn on the head like a bananas

@skatting44    yeah maybe YOU wouldnt know what to do with today's diapers and DIAPER COVERS!   My DIL has twins and uses cloth diapers. Yeah its NEVER-ENDING laundry AND she works full time! and they aren't even 2 yet...

You try diapering a squirmy wriggling infant using the diaper covers!!  i used cloth for my son with the big diaper pins and even i found it impossible to get diapers onto the little bums using the diaper covers. they have dozens of snaps that are hard to snap.