Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Now Reeses Peanut butter tree complaints...

Just use your imagination -- it looks like a bell.  What ding dongs!

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

What on earth difference could it possibly make whether or not it had a real tree shape or not?  Aren't you going to eat it?  Then eat it and be quiet! It's not like you are going to display it on your mantle are you?  Good grief!   Woman Frustrated

In that case, if it really makes no difference, why go to the trouble of producing different holiday packaging? Apparently it mattered to the Hershey company to advertise it as such, so why shouldn't it matter to the customer when the product is not as advertised? 

To me, yeah, why on earth would they make it and why would anyone care?  I don't get it.  It's candy.  Isn't it about how it tastes?

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

Eeeeeeeeewwww

O-MG!  Seriously?   Wow.  I just happened to have recently finished last year's christmas tree ones (I always get one or two 6packs and put them in L&L in the freezer) and they surely did NOT look like that last year!

I'm just starting on my 'eggs' now from this past Easter.  Smiley Happy   I love love love the Reese's special 'cups'.  Used to just be the Easter ones and now there are christmas trees, Valentine's Day hearts, and Halloween pumpkins, too.

BTW, somebody mentioned these being made in PA.   I could be wrong, but I thought these confections have been made in Mexico for the last couple/few years.   

@chickenbutt, You're right, some  of their

candy is made in the USA 

and some in Mexico, I guess the packages

are marked.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honestly, they really DO look like blobs.  However, I would eat them anyway.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If it TASTED like a tree......that would be different

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

Eeeeeeeeewwww

O-MG!  Seriously?   Wow.  I just happened to have recently finished last year's christmas tree ones (I always get one or two 6packs and put them in L&L in the freezer) and they surely did NOT look like that last year!

I'm just starting on my 'eggs' now from this past Easter.  Smiley Happy   I love love love the Reese's special 'cups'.  Used to just be the Easter ones and now there are christmas trees, Valentine's Day hearts, and Halloween pumpkins, too.

BTW, somebody mentioned these being made in PA.   I could be wrong, but I thought these confections have been made in Mexico for the last couple/few years.   

@chickenbutt, You're right, some  of their

candy is made in the USA 

and some in Mexico, I guess the packages

are marked.

Also, very few candy canes are made in the USA now. Look on the packages.

Occasional Contributor

I purchase six packages of Reese's PB Trees for my grown son every Christmas--it's a tradition in our family. I doubt if he would mind that the shape is different- he just sits down with a jug of milk and devours a package at a time while watching football. He's tall and lean so he doesn't worry about the calories. Sigh...