Esteemed Contributor

November 11, 2015 - VETERAN'S DAY

In honor and reverance for any and all who have served and are currently serving, to keep us safe, and the Western World free, I respectfully salute you and honor you today. 

We are a blessed nation. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Re: November 11, 2015 - VETERAN'S DAY

Will be heading out later in the day to Riverside National Cemetery. Family and friends are there - my parents - Dad was career Army and my brother - he too was career army and died of Nam exposure. He was 47 years old. Other friends of many years are there - I am always at peace when I go and smile when I think of Mother often saying when she visited my brother, how she would love to have a rocking chair and sit and knit. Adjacent to it was March AFB - which is now basically closed but the airplanes use to fill the sky - awesome! Needless to say I salute all veterans - those include my sister, her husband, uncles, aunts, etc - even my husband and while we divorced many years ago, we stayed best of friends - he was navy - how did he get in the army family. LOL. What can I say as oldest granddaughter married a Marine, Desert Storm Vet and their son was a Marine in Iraq. God Bless one and all.

Valued Contributor

military thank you.jpg

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Just got back from a potluck that honored the veterans.  It was enjoyable.  These were WWII, Korea, and Vietnam vets.  Such likeable guys.  We all felt privledge to be acquainted with them. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Valued Contributor

We owe our veterans so much! I have many veterans in my family over the years from Vietnam, WWII, Civil War and even the Revolutionary War.

A BIG thank you to all veterans out there!

Honored Contributor

We have 4 legged Veterans, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

I will always remember the fear I felt as a young girl that my father might have to go to war.  Because he had two children he wasn't asked to serve.  I have nothing but the utmost respect for our men and women who serve in the military.  I just wish our veterans were given better benefits for having served.  God Bless each and every one of them.  Let's remember them always, not just one day a year.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam