Honored Contributor

Re: Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire!

Apparently none of it can be saved...it is gone. So much we don’t know.
Respected Contributor

I don't know what caused the fire.  I know what they're saying about it likely being connected to work being done in the building but I think it might be just a bit early to rule out arson.  Three years ago, 2 women were caught with gas canisters,  intending to blow it up and one was just sentenced last week.   I'm not into conspiracy theories here but, I live in the real world and nothing should be ruled out, imo.

Honored Contributor

I hope there are no injuries or loss of lives. I don't think we need the non-stop coverage however. There was a fire and a building is burning. That pretty much sums it up until we learn more. Whats done in done, no going back.

Trusted Contributor

@bridal_diva wrote:

And all those beautiful stained glass windows will probably melt into oblivion or shatter from the heat. So sad.

@bridal_diva 

The Rose Window, Crown of Thorns, and the Cross used in the cruxifiction have been destroyed.  They are gone.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I hope there are no injuries or loss of lives. I don't think we need the non-stop coverage however. There was a fire and a building is burning. That pretty much sums it up until we learn more. Whats done in done, no going back.

@RetRN .  I am quite interested and glad for the coverage. It is not on all channels.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Wonder if a Higher Power is trying to tell us something....

@sidsmom 

Satan at work?

@EatWell 

Other direction.

The Higher Power saying we better start being better.

I believe THAT higher power is about love, not destruction and punishment.

Honored Contributor

It's so much more than just a building. Hope no one would think of it as just that because it's not in the US.

What about all the iconic buildings in the US full of our history. Artifacts, relics, art, religious objects with historic and deeply religious meanings. Are those just buildings?

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

This is more than just a building, more than just a church. It is like losing a member of your family

It is our culture, and our history, and our faith ,and tradition, all  rolled into one. It is like losing St Joan of Arc, once more.. Poor Paris, poor France, poor Catholics. Our love for this runs  through us, like our blood

Honored Contributor

Comparing a building to losing a family member? Now that is just really sad and pathetic. 

Honored Contributor

Not to me