Honored Contributor

Re: Notification to change my QVC password

why not forward the email to qvcsocialteam@qvc.com to determine whether it is legitimate or not?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Anyone else getting notifications when responding to a post saying that you need to change your QVC password because of a data/security breach?  There is no link in the notification, just the notification itself.  No QVC logo or any indication where its coming from.  Seems rather odd to me so wondering if anyone else is getting one.  TIA!

So it isn't an email but a pop up notification on the screen when you post?  Can you take a screenshot and email that to the mods here to see what is up?

Honored Contributor

No

Trusted Contributor

Scam

@JudyL wrote:

Anyone else getting notifications when responding to a post saying that you need to change your QVC password because of a data/security breach?  There is no link in the notification, just the notification itself.  No QVC logo or any indication where its coming from.  Seems rather odd to me so wondering if anyone else is getting one.  TIA!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

So good to hear from you.  My trip has been rescheduled for next July.  I will, however, in March decide whether or not I'm going in July depending on the situation with COVID.  Hope you are doing well.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12  - correct, its not an email but a pop up notification.  Happened again just a few minutes ago.  Looked at it closer and it says "Chrome" as in Google Chrome I assume, says I need to change my password.  Next time I'll try and take a screen shot.  Not sure I'm techy enough to figure out how to do that but can try.  Thanks fo the suggestion.

Esteemed Contributor

Not recently -- but I did a couple years ago.   I remember I tried to log in and couldn't and got a one of those "forget your password?" messages from QVC.  So I changed my password, got on the website, and then contacted QVC's CS for follow-up.  No scam.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@JudyL @Check this out through the Mods or Social Team in Customer Care.