Respected Contributor

Re: Notices about mail service with my bills

I got the email, not concerned about it at all.

Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003 We pay all our bills through our credit union online & have noticed that usually the screen says pay today but will be there 2 days later but lately it's 3 or 4 days later so we just have to read the screens & pay attention, we've never made a late payment & it's easy ... definitely recommend.

Honored Contributor

Haven't gotten anything like that here, yet.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac  I do the same thing. I set up bill pay from my bank and pay almost everything that way. No more worrying if they got my check on time.

Honored Contributor

I mailed a package to my GD early last Monday morning.  It was going from Seattle, WA to Vancouver, WA - it still has not arrived.  She will be receiving some very stale Halloween cookies!

Esteemed Contributor

Some companies are giving discounts for auto pay.  I'm saving $5 a month on cell phone bill since signing up.  I'll take $60 a year for making my life easier. 

Honored Contributor

Bank of America has a banner running across top of online screen stating "due to USPS slowdown of deliveries paperless is requested"

Not my husband he wants that statement in the mail...he refuses to do online banking ...(me been doing for years with no problems🙂)

Personally, I just think it's another "excuse" to continue to have 1-2 teller in the branch, reduce costs and close branches.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

I'm often the recipient of emails and snail mail encouraging me to set up auto payments online or DOWNLOAD OUR APP ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE. I DON'T WANT TO for several reasons of my own. They're trying to escape having to pay for postage to send paper bills and bank statements through the mail is what I think. Last email I got from my bank yammered about the mail being slowed down and you don't want your CC payment to be late and yada yada yada. 

@shaggygirl   You don't have to download apps, or use a phone.  You can do everything on line through your bank on your computer.  You can receive your bills via email or some even directly sent to your bank and they will notify you when they arrive.  

Within a day I get notified the payment has been received.  Quick and easy.

@mspatmac 

I do use the computer to pay several bills online.  But not AUTOPAY.  I don't want AUTOPAY. I pay them online as they come due, one month at a time, those that will let me. One I can think of, Ready Refresh (formerly Poland Spring) won't let you do that, they want AUTOPAY and charge $3 extra on your bill if you don't do it. For some things I want a paper bill and to mail a check and to get my bank statements in the mail. Some of my reasons have to do with tax time but I'm not getting into that on here. But I thank you very much for taking the time to respond. 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I'm often the recipient of emails and snail mail encouraging me to set up auto payments online or DOWNLOAD OUR APP ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE. I DON'T WANT TO for several reasons of my own. They're trying to escape having to pay for postage to send paper bills and bank statements through the mail is what I think. Last email I got from my bank yammered about the mail being slowed down and you don't want your CC payment to be late and yada yada yada. 

Agree!!