Honored Contributor

Re: Nothing is more boring than.....

[ Edited ]

The cobbler thing is disgusting. Some funny posts on this thread though. 🤣 Definitely not boring me. Thanks for the laughs! 

Respected Contributor

I can handle the Philosophy suds, vs Germack squeezing the raisins and cranberries over and over.  You don’t have to touch ever nut in the jar.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

...an incomplete thread title.

e.g.:

"What was the...."

and the body of the thread says something like:

....big announcement Olive Oyl mentioned on her 6 pm show.  I had to let the dog out.

And fifty three (53) people respond with the same exact answer over and over and over and over and over and over.

@Lucky Charm  Not to mention if you open a thread with an incomplete title and post on it against the tide-you get yelled at for opening the thread.

Go figure.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Watching electronics show with the same item featured for an hour!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Jimmy's moldy peach crumb cake presentation.maxresdefault.jpg

OMG - for real?? I NEVER want to buy a food product again!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bigtraps wrote:

Yes the food squeezing is a little much.

But Oh GURL, did you see the Jimmy tha Baker demo when he cut into one of his famous baked goods just to expose the mold on the inside?  GURL, he pushed that to the side REAL quick.

Oh wow!  Goodness, that really happen.  I wonder if they ever showed that product again.  I would love to have seen bloopers or unintended disasters with products.  I've bet there have been mini disasters. Does anyone know of others?

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 

@Effie54 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Jimmy's moldy peach crumb cake presentation.maxresdefault.jpg

OMG - for real?? I NEVER want to buy a food product again!

It certainly gives us something to think about.🤔 I love, and bake crumb cakes, and have always been on the fence about purchasing one, so this photo is very disheartening to me. Rationally, I want to believe it is a one time mishap; though my gut is questioning my rationale.😁

Like you, I doubt I will be purchasing any.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Nothing is more boring than......these boards.

There is now virtually nothing approved for discussion. 

I agree!  I remember the days when the rules weren't so rigid and there were lots of interesting topics and many lively conversations literally all the time.  Now so much of it is bland.  We're often reduced to "safe" topics that are truly snooze-worthy.

(And yes, I know that QVC gets to make the rules, and if we don't like them we're free to go elsewhere.  I get that, and it makes sense.  Just saying that it's sometimes pretty boring here.)

Super Contributor

No problem @hckynut , as soon as I flip the channel  to the Q and see them playing, I keep moving on.  It's a sure channel changer for me.   

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@bigtraps 

Old news ...that's been round & round on these boards about Jimmys "mold" yet people keep buying 🤷‍♀️

You can buy food anywhere and it could happen.  I'd think more since these food displays sit out for hours before the actual presentation.

Ive never bought his baked goods as I consider myself a better baker than mass produced stuff!!!

hours doesn't cause mold to happen, at least not in my household.  that was old stuff!  gross!  I guess they don't sell... never saw that before...  did it really happen?