Respected Contributor

Nothing FREE about reduced or free shipping.

There is a COST for Handling (packaging, distribution, etc) and the actual Shipping (UPS, MAIL, etc). This is not FREE, so the cost will get added to the price of the item or absorbed by the Vendor and/or the Supplier. Just because people like Amazon or Zappos promote free shipping, it is paid for by someone. A company can try to reduce the actual costs but it is still somewhere. Pressure on these costs can force companies to move their businesses out of the USA to save money on material a d labor costs to be able to pick up the tab for "FREE" shipping.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Nothing FREE about reduced or free shipping.

Hello, wmsbgshopper. Smile

If it helps, the reduced shipping for QVC isn't for everything. On items that are over $100, the shipping will still be there. I suppose it will be absorbed by someone.

Perhaps reduced shipping was a happy-medium that could satisfy both the customer and the company. The customer won't have pay such high shipping rates and the company won't have to ship things for free, just reduced. To be honest, I don't think people wanted free shipping for everything on QVC, just a little lower.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

NC Bandwagon, that's exactly what I've read folks wanted, free shipping like Amazon and Zappos offer. Their exact words! I wanted to make sure they understood it's not free! And even if QVC picks up part of the tab, it increases their costs and they will look to reduce them somewhere else. Like in inferior materials, buying more made outside the USA.
Respected Contributor

Regarding Amazon and Zappos...I always check the price to see if it is higher there than other places that don't have free shipping, and take the totals into account when deciding who to order with.

Honored Contributor

Nothing is ever free.

Respected Contributor

What Complicated Marianne said.

Comparison shop.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Valued Contributor

On 2/2/2015 Complicated said:

Regarding Amazon and Zappos...I always check the price to see if it is higher there than other places that don't have free shipping, and take the totals into account when deciding who to order with.

I do the same. Cookbooks on QVC are always the same price or $1 less on Amazon with free shipping as I have prime. Since I had over 100 individual items ship last year it was less than $1 shipping charge.