Occasional Contributor

Re: Not that happy with the craft show.

Not impressed. Most items have been on the website for a very long time. I don't think that they will be able to catch up with the HSN shows but we can hope.

d

Honored Contributor

And to add insult to injury, they cut the show short by almost 10 minutes! Clearly a half-hearted attempt, IMHO. Sorry, QVC. I thought you would do better. And much as I like Carolyn, she's clearly not a crafter, so why have her host? David used to do a great job on the craft shows. And it seems that Jacque IS a crafter, as is Jill. I was hopeful, but left totally underwhelmed and didn't buy a thing.

Respected Contributor

I thought the show was a disappointment. It was basically a scrapbooking show. There are other crafts out there that would be nice to see.

Honored Contributor

I used to love the shows with David and Lisa, they were just the best! The products were so exciting then, and so many ideas as Lisa would bring many completed pages, and give us so many ideas and tips. I bought like a mad woman, and now I am glad I did because I don't see those items any longer.

Occasional Contributor

I used to love the crafting shows on the Q. They were so well done and had so much variety and such good vendors. When there was a 24 hour craft day, I'd try to take the day off from work. But QVC just gave it all up to HSN, and HSN has really done well with it. I was looking forward to the show on Wednesday, and was really disappointed. If QVC is going to get back in the game, they'll need to do better than a few paper stacks and things they just seemed to throw together. I'm a quilter, and always enjoy watching demos on sewing machines. I felt so sorry for the Brother vendor, because the machine didn't work and she and Carolyn just talked about what a great machine it was. My guess is that QVC didn't sell much on Wednesday, so the thinking will be that there isn't a market among their customers for this. I do wish they'd put some time and effort into it and bring back the craft shows.

Contributor

Personally, I was really excited and grateful to see that they were bringing a craft show to the program schedule.

I think we have to remember they are starting all over having spent many years away from the craft show area here in the US. It's in it's infancy and I'm hopeful that, as long as they profit from this niche', the shows and hosts will improve although I didn't think the show itself was that bad. I think we're just all so used to the great shows on HSN.

I'm more than willing to give them a chance to start again...it's what we've been begging for, after all.

Who knows? This could be a few trial shows to see if enough customer interest is generated?

At least they are hearing us. I have to give them credit for that and I would be happy to support them if I see something I would like to have.

I agree with the OP who loved all the different kits for all types of crafting from the old shows. I'd love to see the variety offered again too!

Here's to more craft shows in the future!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

PA Lady
Not applicable

A lot of the big vendors are showcases on the QVC shows in the UK including Anna G--they have been going strong with crafting shows all along.