Highlighted
Not applicable

Not that happy with the craft show.

Wasn't really that happy with the craft show no great deals or great items but maybe it's just me.Anyone looking for some awesome deals go to hsn they have a scrap show every month or so.All the great designers are on hsn my favorite Lisa bernson joined hsn having a big show with her on march 24th and shows all this month with great deals.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Not that happy with the craft show.

It wasn't that bad .. hopefully just the beginning ... I am ordering the chalkboard paper .. can get it at my Jo's but thought I would show support for this show! Loved the magnetic frames but not in need of any ... hope lots of us order in support for more shows!

Not applicable

I agree with both post. Not the best show, but I did order the markers to show good faith that if they try to do more shows it will pay off for them. Lets hope this is only the beginning. The host did mention that they did not have a huge quantity so they could gauge how this is going to work.

Contributor

I think Carolyn did a great job not speaking over the guests and letting them make their points unlike some of the hosts on HSN. Carolyn did say they did not have a lot of stock, but without that pressure to buy now or you are going to miss out like some of the HSN hosts are known for. I have not placed an order yet because I am not sure what I want to buy - I have a hard time paying $7+ for shipping for something I know is sold locally and is often on sale. If I did not have the Crafter's Companion from HSN, I would buy that. Maybe they will offer the Advanced DVD as a standalone purchase in the future b/c that wasn't in the kit I got.

Contributor

I wasn't that crazy about the products shown today either. And I've learned my lesson in the past, so now I go to Amaz -on and look at their prices and what the reviewers say. I was tempted by the markers but the reviewers on Amaz-on said a lot of the markers arrived dried up. But the Q did have a better price than Amaz-on.

WOMEN ARE NOT MEN'S PROPERTY!
New Contributor

I too was very disappointed in todays craft show. After such a long absence it was very sad. I love Carolyn but this was not a show for her. The prices were terrible, you can find the same things at Michael's or JoAnn Fabric and not have to pay for shipping. Whoever put this show together doesn't know craft people. I really feel offended that QVC thinks so little of their customers that we would accept this. Carolyn kept saying all you people have been asking for this show, which we have, but like it use to be. I'll continue to go to HSN for craft shows.

So sad for QVC, this was not one of your finer moments.

Contributor

It wasn't the best show, but it's a start. When QVC abandoned the scrapbooking shows most of the best vendors went to HSN. QVC is going to have to really search for good products that HSN doesn't offer if they plan to continue with the shows. I didn't order anything mainly due to the ridiculously high shipping cost. I don't think HSN can be beat with their break on shipping if you order more than one craft item.

Respected Contributor

I hope that this was to "just wet their feet" and that it will get better. The heavy hitters are with HSN....Martha Stewart, Anna Griffin and Lisa Bearnson. And HSN also has Cricut, 3 birds, and memory makers. Probably took advantage of the situation when QVC dropped craft shows. .

Occasional Contributor

Well, let's commend QVC for the show and hope it's just the beginning!

I liked the markers too, and you receive the bonus DVD + marker case! I'm on the fence, not sure if I should spend $50 with S&H/tax.

I would prefer some less expensive scrapbooking products too.

Valued Contributor

I was not impressed at all. It's funny because I used to think HSN was second-rate when it came to the craft shows. Now QVC can't hold a candle to them in this department. What made QVC so good with crafts for me personally was that they offered a large variety of items and a lot of kits (paper crafting but also other type of craft kits), which made it economical and unique. But what was offered today seemed old and outdated or something we could just go to the local craft stores and easily buy. And I'm on a budget so I'm not about to pay more just to buy something to show my support. I'd rather shop where they save me money and get the most for my crafting dollars. I've seen a lot of disappointed crafters posting today so I have to wonder if overall it was a dud and if so, will they decide to just take it off the table completely. This was not a good show to base whether they should bring crafts back or not.