Regular Contributor

Re: Not that anyone cares, but this has been bugging me for awhile now

Fri-Yay doesn't bother me, but the constant "HappyDance" is beyond embarrassing. #cringeworthy.

Honored Contributor

I agree that it really sounds stupid.  By doing so to me it sounds like they are talking down to young children not adults who are willing to part with their money for a purchase.

Respected Contributor

I’m not liking this Fri-Yay marketing scheme either. I know when I’m having fun and don’t need to be told that I am. Yelling Fri-Yay incessantly just to sell dust cloths or frozen meatballs is not my idea of how to celebrate the end of a workweek, and for many people who don’t have a Mon-Fri schedule, it’s not a yay at all. Hopefully Jane and David will get a new catch phrase soon. However, it could be worse, so I should be careful what I wish for. 

Honored Contributor

It is the new “pet Rock” cutesy saying.  When it gets over used like the word GROOVY they will hopefully stop. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is why they invented the “mute” button...the pep rally-type stuff that some stores do with their employees is supposed to be a team-building exercise to build comraderie and team spirit....just one of the many business model tricks heavily pedaled to the corporate world. The silly “Fri-yay” thing hopefully won’t last long...it’s the first thing I see if I even want to look at Q online.....there is no escape!😬

Honored Contributor

I get it, @PinkSunset 

I used to work in a place that used a tiger as a mascot for our particular department.  Cool, I thought, that's powerful and meaningful.  Yeah, until a bunch of them decided to put on tiger noses and parade around, and all trooped up to the VP's office, shouting and giggling.  Grown women, not even 20-year olds.  (Nothing against 20-year olds.)

As you can guess, I stayed in my own office.  I never liked those forced office birthday gatherings, either.  Call me curmudgeon, I wear it proudly!  

(I am not sure about David's feelings, [well, how could we be?] but just from watching, it does seem Jane is really into all of this stuff.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I guess I must not care.  I can't get worked up over the current buzz word on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought I posted this earlier but I don't see it now and it certainly wasn't the post that was removed....

Before I retired, I called every other one FriPAY.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I haven't watched QVC in years so I haven't seen/heard any one saying "Friyay"?????  But I can say that if I did hear that, I'd change the channel as fast as I could.  What a ridiculous thing to say.  Is that even a word?   OMG, what is next?

Super Contributor

Our local TGI Fridays restaurant has had Fri-Yay on the teeshirts of their employees for several years.  It is not new.  As soon as I saw it on the Q I thought they were copying TGI's.  They say doing what somewhat else has done is the most sincerest form of flattery.