Honored Contributor

Re: Not that anyone cares, but this has been bugging me for awhile now

Our local newscasters say it, too.  I don't care for FriYay, but they seem to enjoy it. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I think it’s kinda cute!

But this trend will pass, in time.

Honored Contributor

Well thats your opinion.  Some of us like change, fun and laughter.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been working a 9-5-ish job (right now it's more like 7:30-4), Monday through Friday, for going on 46+ years now.  Friday is a special day for me.  As the years have gone by, it seems harder and harder to get there as more and more is expected of each and every worker.  It's also the day I get paid (at least every other Friday).  Only people who do this week in, week out can appreciate the feeling of relief and accomplishment to get to Friday and the anticipation of two days off to replenish ourselves.  Some people work other schedules (like the QVC hosts) and I'm sure experience their equivalent of that Friday feeling at other times.  But Friday to me is actually very special. 

I see where they are coming from when they push the Fri-Yay.  It's meant to be an acknowledgement of our hard work and encourage a feeling of earning a reward, hopefully by buying something from QVC.  Another sales tactic.  I don't watch much anymore, so it doesn't bother me. 

Thurs-yay?  I call it Friday Eve. 

Honored Contributor

considering the words that fly freely from some peoples mouths, this barely registers on my radar

Respected Contributor

Those sayings, including But you do You, make my eyes roll up! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

When I used to watch local news the anchors would refer to Thursday as Friday Eve.  Stupid.

Honored Contributor

Depends on the host saying it.  While I do think it's a word that belongs in elementary school, some hosts are more subtle than others, say it more appropriately for an adult shopping audience.  

Honored Contributor

FRI-YAY!!!!  

download.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I thought it was cute the first couple of times but now I agree with all who think it is over done.