Honored Contributor

Not so warm in Florida today

We live in Florida but as usual we vacation in the NE during the hot Florida summers. Right now we are in the mountains of central Pa. I just went to my weather site to see what was up for this evening here as we are going out and I saw that the temp. here is 83 and the temp at home in Florida is 82. Kinda amazing.  They have had a lot of rain there recently but normally it would be in the high 90's this far into the summer. Nice that the folks there are getting a break.

Honored Contributor

Re: Not so warm in Florida today

Wow, I'll trade with you.  We're having upper 90s.  But you can keep your humidity.  Smiley Happy   I cannot breathe with heat and humidity so, thankfully, my climate is more arid.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No humidity here in Pa today. We went swimming and when we got out of the water it was breezy and we were a little cold. I have family in El Paso and when we go there the dfryness bothers my sinuses. I am a girl meant to be in the tropics or the mountains.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After 3-4 months your tissues adjust to a dry climate.  It's also great for arthritis sufferers and if you dry things outside, they're dry in a flash.

It's  not so hot here in the desert today either.  A cold front came through and temps are in low 80's.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Currently 84º here in Lee County. Forrecasts have us below 90º past the weekend. I believe our hottest days are over. 

Honored Contributor

Kachina624 wrote:

After 3-4 months your tissues adjust to a dry climate.  It's also great for arthritis sufferers and if you dry things outside, they're dry in a flash.

It's  not so hot here in the desert today either.  A cold front came through and temps are in low 80's.

I remember when I first moved up here some 36 years ago.  While I didn't come from a super humid climate, it was definitely more humid than here.  I remember having to put a humidifier in my bedroom for a while at first.  That made the transition go pretty well except for, stupid me, I put it at the foot of the bed and kind of messed up that bed a little bit.  D'oh!

My acclimation wasn't too bad, as I have asthma, and arthritis, and an arid climate is WAY better for me.  I just couldn't live in a humid climate ever again.  It has been more humid here than it always was, lately, but it's still on the low end compared to other places.  I like it when it's in the teens or lower.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

yes, it's definitely cool here in my part of florida.  we have had two weeks of almost solid rain ... and today the rain kinda held off long enough for bf and i to run over to anna maria island for lunch on the beach!  it was FABULOUS, not too hot and not overly humid.  nice breeze and beautiful sun.  then on the way home, the sky turned grey and now it's raining again!

at least we were able to sneak in that (usually not possible at this time of year due to the weather) lunch today.  YAY 

hope you'll continue to enjoy your pennsylvania summer.

Respected Contributor

I live in North East Florida and it has been pretty hot here. A few weeks ago it was near 100 with heat index's above 100 but lately it has been in the low 90's which is tolerable. I like it when the clouds roll in because it does cool off some. I am sitting outside right now and it is 80 but we do have a nice Sea Breeze.

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

yes, it's definitely cool here in my part of florida.  we have had two weeks of almost solid rain ... and today the rain kinda held off long enough for bf and i to run over to anna maria island for lunch on the beach!  it was FABULOUS, not too hot and not overly humid.  nice breeze and beautiful sun.  then on the way home, the sky turned grey and now it's raining again!

at least we were able to sneak in that (usually not possible at this time of year due to the weather) lunch today.  YAY 

hope you'll continue to enjoy your pennsylvania summer.

When we are up here we do really miss running over to the beach for a nice lunch sitting out over the water. Not that i don't appreciate the beauty of the mountains as well.

Our hometown in Fl. had some minor flooding we hear.