Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a prime member so I don't have experience with the big sale(s).  However, Amazon is notorious for changing prices on things.  I've had my eye on some items before and when I go back to look a few days later, the price is normally higher or lower than when I last checked.  Now I know that if it's a good deal, to go ahead and order it.

Last week, I ordered a book and delivery was scheduled for Sunday.  The next day, I received an e-mail that it was now scheduled for Saturday.  Saturday and Sunday came and went with no delivery.  It was delivered Monday morning.  Just yesterday, I received an e-mail crediting me for the s/h since it wasn't delivered on the original date they said it would be.  I wasn't in any hurry for the book but I'll take the credit.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Not happ with Amazon

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick @shoptilyadropagain 

One time on one of the Business Channels they had an interview with an Amazon Exec and he talked about all their pricing games and changes throughout the day...For example, if their competition has an item on sale that Amazon also sells, they will lower the price for a time, and raise the price on other items to make up the difference.....This takes place on thousands of items throughout the day!!! 

Im not a real fan of Amazon....have had a couple of bad experiences, but sometimes its the only place I can find a particular product Ive been looking for.....They are a necessary evil and the only place I can view NFL Thursday Night Football starting this coming season on Prime....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@bonnie f wrote:

i dont have prime.. i do shop on amazon, but im never in a hurry for anything and usually i do have it pretty fast, within 5 - 7 days.. some i have got sooner.. i was thinking of buying an air fryer today, but im afraid of it not working/something being wrong with it.. i dont want to have to package it and ship it back .. i'd rather go to walmart or target, its easier to take it back,,,

you don't have to package and ship back. You can take it to Kohls and they don't want it packaged up. I am usually credited back within an hour of them scanning it in.

ohhh thank you! That's good to know.. i didnt wanna go through all that hassle..

Honored Contributor

Amazon's dynamic pricing is a gamble, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. 

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the Apple EarPod Pros advertised for $149.00 on my birthday, and stupidly didn't buy them that day. Come Two days later, The price jumped to $199.00. That's $50.00 in 2 days. Amazon prime day, they were $169.00. I called Customer Service and ask them if they would give me the price difference, since I just bought them a few days before. I was told no, I would have to buy them again, and return the first pair. It just wasn't worth it for me. Their pricing games are BS! They're Amazon prime day may be great for some, but for me it was a joke.

Honored Contributor

They like to play games.

Respected Contributor

I've never seen Amazon state they would give a price adjustment, so I would never expect one. Especially since so many items are no longer fulfilled through them.

I know before I made purchases the past few days I price compared with other sites. Because when Amazon does Prime day, others like Walmart, and Target jump on the bandwagon. So I also checked Costco, and Sam's Club, Bed, Bath & Beyond, and even HSN (with their 20% off coupon yesterday). If I wanted an Apple product I would have checked there, though I know Target had some Apple deals. It only takes a few minutes to check.

And yes Amazon prices can fluctuate, but I've seen that happening more and more at others sites also, like QVC and HSN.

Honored Contributor

I rarely shop on amazon, due to them allowing 3rd party sellers to change prices every hour on the hour. Crazy!!!

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

@chrystaltree  We were not waiting to see if it would go down more.  We were, however, researching different brands of this item.  Heck, we research Fruit of the Loom vs. Hanes. By the time we went back to order, the 20% coupon was gone.  The item was not sold out.

@MamaWick 

Sorry you didn’t get your item, hope it wasn’t a must have.  I have found that many of those good deals are time limited, often there will be a time remaining clock ⏰ on the top right of screen.

I usually make a wish list of items I’ve researched and know I want.  Had been watching a pair of sunglasses 🕶, nothing fancy, a repeat purchase of brand for me.  When they dropped to 30% less, + a 10% coupon, I bought them.

Later I looked and the 30% off price was gone. Sometimes this can be troublesome to keep up with, & maybe not worth it.

Say Hey to the dear please, ♥️

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Yes, I've seen it too, if you don't buy right then, the price changes-  I guess they aren't disallowed to do it...