Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not even if they dropped me in by helicopter

I think to native New Yorkers, celebrating NYE in Times Square is "amateur night." Most of the people partying are tourists who think it's the most wonderful thing in the world.

I've lived here in NY my entire life and I don't know one person who has celebrated in Times Square on NYE. You'd have to be NUTS!

And to the person that said if they have to use the bathroom they'll just go into a store and "buy something" to use their bathroom, that will never happen. Any stores that have the "pen" around them have signs that advise people that the restrooms are either closed, or for customers only, but these stores are not selling packs of gum. On New Years Eve the restaurants are crazy expensive and it would probably cost you a few hundred dollars just to pee Woman LOL

Be smart. Stay home!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I could deal with going pee in a depends, but not the latter.

@missy1

Image result for laughing emoji

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I live clear across the country from Times Square, but if I were in NYC on New Years Eve, I would be compelled to be there to share the event with all the others. It's exciting, iconic, and truly an American activity. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Would I do New Year’s Eve in New York City, standing there for hours to watch a ball drop. 

My claustrophobia and fight or flight instincts kick in just looking at the sea of humanity all crushed together. No way to get out. 

I’ll sit here in my recliner wearing my “go no further than the mailbox in them” leggings and bunny slippers. With plenty of space around me. 

@gidgetgh  LOL

I had gone to NYC/Times Square twice in my lifetime to see the ball drop on New Year's Eve and I had so much fun. We took the train from New Haven, CT (my hometown is Branford) to Grand Central Station. Ahhh...memories! Smiley Very Happy

I will admit, it's not everyone's cup of tea. I wouldn't do it now at my age, but I went once when I was in my 20's and once when I was in my 30's.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:
On my bucket list. I am so there!

@Laura14 

I've seen many things in NYC...Empire State Building, the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree/ice skating rink, watched the Rockettes, etc., but still have yet to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and a Broadway show. Those are on my bucket list...LOL

I've watched the parade on tv all my life and always wanted to be there in person to see all the balloons in real life and not on the tv. I still keep saying...someday. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

When I lived in NYC, I went once for the experience....once was enough.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

@gidgetgh what you said!

I'll add to that what DH says... "What happens if you're in that crowd and you suddenly urgently need to go to the restroom?" 

"Depends"

...diaper

I understand they were diapers.  I heard one that was interviewed  say that.

Visitor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Would I do New Year’s Eve in New York City, standing there for hours to watch a ball drop. 

My claustrophobia and fight or flight instincts kick in just looking at the sea of humanity all crushed together. No way to get out. 

I’ll sit here in my recliner wearing my “go no further than the mailbox in them” leggings and bunny slippers. With plenty of space around me. 

I'm with you on this!