Esteemed Contributor

I sure hope you are right.

@Johnnyeager wrote:

It seems that their preference is that you use Facebook, but that these Forums will also remain open as an option.

At least, that's my interpretation. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

So, what about the posters who were permanently banned this past week for being outspoken about the boards closing and referring people to ProBoards.  What's the Q going to do for them?

@Carmie   I agree!!   People that spend alot here and have been faithful board people!

Honored Contributor

I trust TPTB here a lot less than before.  They could close the boards again based on dumb info that overpaid consultants tell them.

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like Beth made this announcement!   We love you Beth.  PLease remove the banner if this is true.   I pray it is.  So many are so sad about this. 

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

That is wonderful and amazing and also so good that the new Ceo actually listened and cared and reversed this decision!

I tried to look for this message on here and finally found it by clicking on blogs and forums to the left on top of all the sub categories-there is the big notice.

And thank you @Katcat1, for starting the petition! I think that and all the signatures is what did it!

@on the bay wrote:

That is wonderful and amazing and also so good that the new Ceo actually listened and cared and reversed this decision!

I tried to look for this message on here and finally found it by clicking on blogs and forums to the left on top of all the sub categories-there is the big notice.

And thank you @Katcat1, for starting the petition! I think that and all the signatures is what did it!

Yes thank you @Katcat1 ,  I couldn't remember who originated the post !   

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie  - I'm not deleting my profile in Proboards just yet, who knows they may just pull a surprise on us and delete the forums at anytime without telling us.

Honored Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:

@Carmie  wrote: 

@bonnielu wrote:

Great news.  My question for those who joined the other board.  How do you UNJOIN it?  I just want to make sure that any info I gave them is erased.  I actually only got half way and did not get as far as the JOIN but the information half way could be a problem.  Not sure.  Anyone know?

It's easy.  Go into your "profile" Then "edit profile"   Then "privacy" .scroll down and delete.

@carmie - do you think we should wait before we delete our 'profile' in Proboards until we know for sure, I would hate to have to re-do all the information again, I'm just asking what you and others would do.  Thx!

It's a decision everyone must make on their own.  Many posters will keep both boards active.

Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I just read this WE HEARD YOU paragraph when I went on the forums.  I am not on Facebook and have no interest or need to do so, that is out for me.  I did join the pro boards and TCM but haven't navigated either to any extent.  Someone, please clarify, are these forums staying or shutting down.  From what I read they will remain.  Thanks for any input!

@spiderw   I am not going to delete my new accounts till I am positive.   I prefer it here but I need to make sure first.   They need to change the banner if this is true so many will know.  I think some already left. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I will be here for the duration, especially since I didnt join the new one yet. but I will have nothing to do with FB, that will not change for me

@Shelbelle   I agree with you!   I do not like what has been going on with Face Book Lately. 

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I much prefer the ProForums board now.  I will continue coming here for a while, but hope people don't leave the ProForums board because of this.  We have more freedom there to discuss what we want to, although I hope political discussions will not be allowed.  

A lot of work was done by quite a few people to set up the new boards, and I hope we will support their efforts. 

I totally agree @NickNack .  I don't trust QVC for a minute.  They did not change their mind out of kindness.  Something prompted it.  I'm not leaving the other forum.