Honored Contributor

Re: Not Shutting Down Now??

[ Edited ]

@on the bay    That is the BEST news.  This forum has become a part of me interacting with ladies from around the U.S.  I'm a senior so this is big time for me (I no longer dance and shop til I drop!    I hope my Petition helped but it was you ladies that made it possible.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe   I do not FB either.  I don't need all my personal life for everyone to view and comment on.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@BalletBabe   I do not FB either.  I don't need all my personal life for everyone to view and comment on.

@Katcat1    I do use Face Book, but I won't use it for QVC.  I actually blocked QVC a few years back.  I was getting confirmations on my orders in messenger, and some ofthe hosts that I don't like kept popping up.  I never asked for any of that and so I just blocked them.  I would love to close my Face Book account but I started a political group on there a year ago.  I Keep getting tons of members so I am keeping it.  I did a live there on election night and we had a blast.  

I am kind of sad there are almost 700 members at the new forum.  A lot are going to be on both and I think it is because they talk about more things such as Crafts.I do think the boards are a bit easier here and we are all used to them.   It is a shame it all happened. 

Honored Contributor

The mods have always said that there would be no new forums.

So it is nice to have crafts and music "over there".

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Q for listening to us!  I am so glad you're staying on.  

Honored Contributor

I just got home a while ago and was going to check things online before heading to bed.

My reaction, when I saw the "news" in the headline banner was "Are you kidding me?!"

No way.  It doesn't even say they are keeping the forums permanently.  They're just keeping them "live while they evolve".  That means essentially nothing.

When they evolve they could just as easily close the forums without so much as a moment's notice.  So...get everyone to stay put or come back and then still close them.

So pardon me, if I'm not saying thank you and being delighted that the Q "heard" us.  They're a corporation and I don't trust them for a New York minute.

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

To me this is so much easier.   You can check your orders and get help from the Mods if needed.  I prefer to stay here but we shall see.  

@BalletBabe  Definitely Me Too !!

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Everyone who wants to stay here can.Anyone who wants to stay with Proboards can. Those who want to do both can. It's everyone's decision to make.

I personally do not trust QVC to do right by us. The only reason why they are supposedly reconsidering is because they got scared when 900 people signed on to Proboards . A lot of people also threatened to pull their business.

I believe they are trying to buy time for two reasons. One is to contemplate their next move & the other is to sabotage our accomplishments over at Proboards.

@NicksmomESQ do you honestly think they care that much about this forum or the Proboards ?  I think they probably have much bigger fish to fry then any of this.   

Respected Contributor

@Silver Fox1 

Something obviously made them change their minds. Personally, I think it's monetary but what do I know.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I just got home a while ago and was going to check things online before heading to bed.

My reaction, when I saw the "news" in the headline banner was "Are you kidding me?!"

No way.  It doesn't even say they are keeping the forums permanently.  They're just keeping them "live while they evolve".  That means essentially nothing.

When they evolve they could just as easily close the forums without so much as a moment's notice.  So...get everyone to stay put or come back and then still close them.

So pardon me, if I'm not saying thank you and being delighted that the Q "heard" us.  They're a corporation and I don't trust them for a New York minute.

@Venezia 

Amen to everything you just said. 👍

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett