Honored Contributor

very happy to continue to have all of these choices to communicate with others and with qvc......qvc forums, facebook, instagram, twitter, and now the proboards. 

thank you QVC for reconsidering your recent decision. may the forums be up and running for a very long time to come!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@NicksmomESQ @Carmie 

Thanks so much for your work in the ProBoards!

I have no doubt that had a big impact in QVC's decision.  Who knew QVC posters were so good at organizing????

But there was also a multiplier effect.  I did not have the chance to join ProBoards yet, but this had an impact in my posting on the QVC Boards and my QVC shopping.  I guess there are many others who had the same reaction.

And yes, you may want to change the name from "q Forum Friends" to something else.  Maybe Shopping forum friends?  The "q" was a problem for me.  Wouldn't want an association like that.  If ProBoards got hit with a subpoena, you wouldn't know it, because they can be secret.  Please tag me in any post with a name change.

And thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

@Mellyg 

@NYCLatinaMe  Well I wouldn't like an all shopping channels board. There are plenty of those already.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not Shutting Down Now??

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee I am open to all names not associated with criminals, political or conspiracy theories!

@Mellyg @Carmie @NicksmomESQ @Icegoddess 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Everyone who wants to stay here can.Anyone who wants to stay with Proboards can. Those who want to do both can. It's everyone's decision to make.

I personally do not trust QVC to do right by us. The only reason why they are supposedly reconsidering is because they got scared when 900 people signed on to Proboards . A lot of people also threatened to pull their business.

I believe they are trying to buy time for two reasons. One is to contemplate their next move & the other is to sabotage our accomplishments over at Proboards.

IMO, a third reason is that they don't want to lose a ton of holiday season sales.    Holiday season sales are what keep a lot of retailers in business.

@chickenbutt  Good point. QVC may finish its evolution of social media after the Christmas shopping season, then poof again!

Honored Contributor

I wonder what will happen to the people who got banned?

Honored Contributor

I posted before that I will stay here until the lights are turned off.  I will continue to post on ShowMe's thread and the TV/Movies  

ShowMe's thread is a very special place and until I can no longer post with them, I will continue to be there.

I also read more than post on the other board but I'm also looking to connect with some posters there because we could not do so here.

Life is going on and eventually I will leave completely.

I do not see anybody crawling back here; many, many posters have made friends through the years and have been here since forever.  

Some are not on FB and some do not want to join the other board.

So I am not going to pick apart who wants to stay, who wants to leave and who wants to participate on both sites.

It's a choice.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

I suppose that is nice for the ones who were afraid or didn't want to move to another forum.

I may stick around to watch the sideshow, but I feel no loyalty to this company who a few days ago was happy to kick us all to the curb, without thinking of the consequences of their actions. 

@Snicks1 

100% agree with you!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Wow!!!  I leave for a few hours and come back and now this!  They are keeping this open!  Yay!

However I plan on participating on the new forum too..

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Pearlee I am open to all names not associated with criminals, political or conspiracy theories!

@Mellyg @Carmie @NicksmomESQ @Icegoddess 

Did you notice that QVC uses a capital letter Q as their logo? The hosts refer to their place of business as the Q.

Same thing, different boards.

Honored Contributor
yasss cat 1 - YAAASSS!