Esteemed Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Trinity11   Thank you.  I am staying at ProBoards.

I feel that QVC did us posters dirty.  They decided to close the forums and only notified us with a small banner in a shady manner.

A few posters were banned and they tried to stop the posters from e-mailing QVC's CEO ask him to reconsider.

Only when almost 900 posters joined ProBoards in three days did they take notice and change their minds.

They need us, more than we need them.

I respect everyone's decision on where they want to remain...just QVC, just ProBords or both.

I do hope that everyone that was part of these forums will do both , here and there if they have gone over to the new forum .   I would like to keep this forum going .  Speaking for myself I didn't really want to do something new always been happy here.  I get it though people have to do what they feel 

@Kitty Galore  I always liked it here too and would not even think about going to another forum.  But, the way QVC handled it was poor.  They did not care untll we all made such an uproar.  They lost a lot of credibility in my eyes.

@Winkk wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Trinity11   Thank you.  I am staying at ProBoards.

I feel that QVC did us posters dirty.  They decided to close the forums and only notified us with a small banner in a shady manner.

A few posters were banned and they tried to stop the posters from e-mailing QVC's CEO ask him to reconsider.

Only when almost 900 posters joined ProBoards in three days did they take notice and change their minds.

They need us, more than we need them.

I respect everyone's decision on where they want to remain...just QVC, just ProBords or both.

I do hope that everyone that was part of these forums will do both , here and there if they have gone over to the new forum .   I would like to keep this forum going .  Speaking for myself I didn't really want to do something new always been happy here.  I get it though people have to do what they feel 

@Kitty Galore  I always liked it here too and would not even think about going to another forum.  But, the way QVC handled it was poor.  They did not care untll we all made such an uproar.  They lost a lot of credibility in my eyes.i take 

@Winkk   I take your point .  I'm just thinking that perhaps QVC had not realized how we would demand they keep these forums .   When they started to read our recent posts and Peition they realized they must keep them.  Well either way I'm very happy to stay right here .  And no figuring out something new ,  having to create a new email and fictitious name ect.  To each there own though I say 😺

Trusted Contributor

Re: Not Shutting Down Now??

[ Edited ]

@Sushismom wrote:

@Silver Fox1 

Something obviously made them change their minds. Personally, I think it's monetary but what do I know.

Yes @Sushismom I'm sure they changed their minds when they received the petition. They realized how much this forum ment too so many people and yes it may be monetary it may not.  My point is I don't think, as some have suggested, that there is anything devious going on.  They made a dicision and then realized it was a bad dicision and now looks like they changed it.  That's it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cimeranrose wrote:

@spiderw  - the message I first saw when I signed on to the forums a few minutes ago is: "WE HEARD YOU! We understand how much you value this space as a place to make meaningful connections and share what's on your mind. ...we're keeping our Blogs & Forums live...."

This wasn't the whole post from QVC but it's the important part. Thank you to the posters who contacted QVC and complained about them closing the forums - they heard you and they listened.

YEP. !   Power in numbers 😺

Respected Contributor

Re: Not Shutting Down Now??

[ Edited ]

@Snicks1 

Not "afraid" of anything.  I just happen to like it here.  I don't care about qvc and they don't care about me.  I just came here for the shopping.  I don't post a lot, mostly fashion.  But I do enjoy reading posts and sometimes commenting if the mood strikes.  So I'm glad they are staying live.  

I was disappointed that the proboads went private, because I was looking around there and it did look nice.

@Snicks1 wrote:

I suppose that is nice for the ones who were afraid or didn't want to move to another forum.

I may stick around to watch the sideshow, but I feel no loyalty to this company who a few days ago was happy to kick us all to the curb, without thinking of the consequences of their actions. 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:
WE HEARD YOU!

We understand how much you value this space as a place to make meaningful connections and share what’s on your mind. So, as we continue to build out our community experience—both onsite and on other platforms—we’re keeping our Blogs & Forums live.  Now, stay tuned. We will be reaching out through our Blogs & Forums to learn how we can continue to grow, shape, and evolve the future of our communities at QVC with you.

Autumn thank you sign with color maple leaves.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

So, what about the posters who were permanently banned this past week for being outspoken about the boards closing and referring people to ProBoards.  What's the Q going to do for them?

@Carmie 

Who got banned?

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

Call me suspicious.  This announcement comes from a mod, not corporate.  I’ll visit both sites and post on both.  

@Snoopp   It does not come from a mod.  It comes from a banner at the top of the Q.

*I* copied it and made a thread.

The reason you see Beth the Mod is because I asked for it to be altered and she took out the links.

Whenever a mod modifies a post the mod's name shows up.

Look at the left.  You see my nic as the original poster.

thanks.  I see the banner now.  I had only seen the mod post.  

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe   I deleted my account on ProBoards.  I will stick with qvc.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

What they posted, to me, is not clear.  It sounds like they are holding on their final decision, but that a final decision has still not been made.  I do feel that their decision to close down the forums right before the holidays was a decision that they might have regretted after they saw how we all felt about all of this.  

I also don't think they realized how strongly so many of us feel about having the forums continue and how much we enjoy them and appreciate them!  And also the fact that a great many of us do not use Facebook and have no desire to ever use it.  

I feel they might have been surprised by the volume of our upset, sadness and feeling of disappointment in them and feeling that they don't value us as patrons and loyal customers of their company!  

We don't just talk about our lives here --- we discuss products sold on the Q and recommend them to others.  We give approval of products and encourage the purchase of these products to others.  So, these forums are not only beneficial for us, but to the Q, as well!

I do hope that they will see the value in keeping the forums going long into the future.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Happy to see the Banner is changed.