Honored Contributor

Re: Not Happy with My HSN CIJ Order

@classic wrote:

Sahmlam:

Yes, its true about no one caring if it's not glass.. My only concern is the fact that the water my leak out of the acrylic sides.. Still thinking about it.. I must say, it's very beautiful .. Thanks 

They actually make acrylic aquariums now.  Obviously the acrylic would be much thicker, but I don't think because the globe is acrylic necessarily means that it would leak.  If you like it otherwise maybe you should keep it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I order several things from HSN over the year and I must say I am not impressed with their Holiday decor at all.  It seems like Dollar Store or Big Lots and they could do so much better.  I did pick up a few halloween things from them last year that were OK.  I wish Q would bring back the Halloween shows.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@classic

Sorry you were disappointed. I have tried to watch CIJ on HSN, but the stuff looks so junkie to me. I just can't get into it. When they focus in on items, I always see the lack of quality. 

I was watching this year, looking for something to buy. I liked the apothecary jars, but was afraid they wouldn't be good. 

Same here.  They show the same few items throughout the entire day and it all just looks junky.

I believe it was last year I took a chance and ordered the Winter Lane lit spheres that are just like the ones VPH offers.  The quality was horrendous and I sent them right back.  That was it for me with their holiday merchandise.   

Honored Contributor

@classic wrote:

JaneMarple :  Thanks for letting me know.. I tried finding it on their website & only saw Community Guidelines on the bottom of their homepage..  After your post, I looked around & finally found the community section.. I will post there also.. Thanks again

Don't worry about it.  HSN boards are pretty bad.  There is nothing wrong with you posting about your issue here or any HSN merchandise.

Posters here talke about merchandise from everywhere including all the shopping channels, B&M stores, online sites, etc.   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@classic wrote:

I hardly order anything from HSN, except for their Huggable Hangers, & the Origami shelves; but I love holiday decorations ( not that I need anything more ), & I took a chance & ordered these items below ...

546-067     Winter Lane set of 3 Apothecary Jars..

544-834    Musical Snow Globe

I would kindly appreciate, if anyone also ordered these items, to please give me your thoughts... I'm definitely returning the jars.. OMG, the lids do not sit properly, & the bottom piece is soooo irregular on the rim.... I ordered the gold, very pretty, but cheap workmanship.. 

As far as the globe; I ordered the Nativity Scene, just beautiful; but the sides ( which they never stated in the presentation ) is acrylic...Ugh!!!! ... Looks like the water wants to purge out.. The hosts never, ever described the item in detail; just turning the lights on & off, along with the music.. They never described the outside color & material of the lantern; they were just doing blah, blah.. I just want to know if anyone has the same concerns regarding the globe..... Much thanks!! 

@classic

Does HSN absorb shipping costs for defective items?       

@Tinkrbl44  Yes.

Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@classic wrote:

JaneMarple :  Thanks for letting me know.. I tried finding it on their website & only saw Community Guidelines on the bottom of their homepage..  After your post, I looked around & finally found the community section.. I will post there also.. Thanks again

Don't worry about it.  HSN boards are pretty bad.  There is nothing wrong with you posting about your issue here or any HSN merchandise.

Posters here talke about merchandise from everywhere including all the shopping channels, B&M stores, online sites, etc.   

LIPSTICKDIVA:   Thank you for making me feel better about my HSN posting..  For a while there I thought maybe I shouldn't have posted this topic..

i finally found HSN forum & its awful.. This forum is wonderful & I've encountered many, many wonderful folks taking their time, not only to answer some of my concerns but, in other categories, have been so kind, caring & helpful to so many other people.... ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!