Honored Contributor

Not Even Windex Could Keep Them Together

[ Edited ]

Sad to report that My Big Fat Greek Wedding star Nia Vardalos has filed for divorce from Ian Gomez, who also was in the blockbuster film.  

After 23 years of marriage, too.  

Despite my flippant post title, I find the news sorrowful.  I hope she did not have some deep-seated need for another Big Hit (we know that went unfulfilled) and that somehow led to the demise of her marriage.  Who knows?  Twenty-three years, though...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not Even Windex Could Keep Them Together

[ Edited ]

I loved that movie!...Maybe she should have married John Corbett instead...lol...They had such great chemistry in the movie and were so convincing in making you feel that they were really made for each other.

The sequel was so disappointing.

Marriage can be difficult...Nia Vardolas and Ian Gomez were together 23 years, so I'm sure that they gave it their all and just found that they needed to go their separate ways.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

John Corbett has been in a relationship with Bo Derek for many years, so he's definitely not available.  Loved that movie and am always sorry to hear about people getting divorced, especially when children are involved. 

Honored Contributor

When they hosted The Great American Baking Show, their relationship seemed somewhat strained.  Well, it didn't seem very warm, let's just say that.

Trusted Contributor

Sad to hear that...loved the first movie, didn’t care for the second one

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it