Honored Contributor

Re: Norwegian Cruise Drops Joan Rivers After Kidnapping Joke

On 5/3/2014 SydneyH said:
On 5/3/2014 NoelSeven said:

I've never understood that way of thinking... that a person or corporation can only focus on one thing or one thing at a time.

Most of us are capable of multi-tasking, and certainly corporations have many departments which make it possible for the corporation itself to focus on many things at the same time.

Corporations and government have PR reps and departments that do nothing else except focus on how they are seen and look for possible problems and impact.

Well the cruise industry has much bigger problems, like crime on their ships and missing people. Giving JR the boot is not a step in the right direction........

They have separate departments to deal with those issues. More than one thing at a time goes on with a corporation.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

I've never understood that way of thinking... that a person or corporation can only focus on one thing or one thing at a time.

Most of us are capable of multi-tasking, and certainly corporations have many departments which make it possible for the corporation itself to focus on many things at the same time.

Corporations and government have PR reps and departments that do nothing else except focus on how they are seen and look for possible problems and impact.

Well the cruise industry has much bigger problems, like crime on their ships and missing people. Giving JR the boot is not a step in the right direction........

This was an easy fix and didn't cost them anything (maybe). They can feel warm and fuzzy and people can say how wonderful they are when what they did was meaningless. It's the world we live in.
Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

Wow, are you for real? I am sure they will get on with their lives-- from what I have seen, they appear strong and classy ladies. But to get past it it, I am sure they will forever be haunted by the horrible things that happened to them for YEARS. And even if they do "get past it" it certainly has not been that long since they were freed. They did not suffer one incident only one time--maybe you should find out as much as you can about what happened to them, specifically happened to them. You are a piece of work . . . >On 5/3/2014 esmerelda said: Is that time in the basement going to define those women for the rest of their lives? They'll get past it in time. The rest of you should too.
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe because they're ""strong and classy ladies"" Joan felt comfortable with the joke(s).

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

They have separate departments to deal with those issues. More than one thing at a time goes on with a corporation.

Sounds like common sense to me.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Free2be said:

Sydney, you are so right! And if they are "family friendly" they shouldn't have booked Joan in the first place. I wouldn't get on any water craft with management that pays little attention to their own values and questionable obligations to customers.

How many booked because Joan would be there? LOL

I have no real issue with them trying to capture some 'adult' entertainment, but her comments were not spoken while she was asea on one of their ships. Again, the focus should be on passenger safety, not becoming the thought/morality police. I believe a passenger was lost, can't recall the liner, about 10 days ago.

EXACTLY. They spend a small fortune getting people to take their cruises and then have one creepy old woman run it down the drain. Yes she is creepy for saying what she said.

I am sick to death of hearing it was just a joke. HAR HAR HAR some maniac in Cleveland kept some wonderful young people prisoner for years in a hovel and yeah, *knee slapping* gollleeee what a riot! har har har I can't stop laughing.

Respected Contributor

On 5/3/2014 esmerelda said: Is that time in the basement going to define those women for the rest of their lives? They'll get past it in time. The rest of you should too.

How compassionate.

Honored Contributor

On 5/3/2014 scotttie said:
On 5/3/2014 esmerelda said: Is that time in the basement going to define those women for the rest of their lives? They'll get past it in time. The rest of you should too.

How compassionate.

True. Anyone who thinks "they'll get past it" knows nothing about psychology. Nothing about the effects of long term trauma, and nothing about the effects of violent rape.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 5/3/2014 scotttie said:

How compassionate.

True. Anyone who thinks "they'll get past it" knows nothing about psychology. Nothing about the effects of long term trauma, and nothing about the effects of violent rape.

It upsets me so much to hear people say that one should get over a traumatizing event, it's insensitive and mean spirited.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

"" get over it""? Did someone say that?
Keepin' it real.