Valued Contributor

Norway opens Breivik massacre exhibition.

[ Edited ]

Four years after the attacks by Anders Behring Breivik, Norway on Wednesday opened an exhibition dedicated to the tragedy that some fear could become a "hall of fame" for the mass murderer.

The exhibition has triggered controversy as several objects used by Breivik in his July 2011 rampage, such as the remains of the van where he hid his bomb and the fake ID and insignia he used to impersonate a police officer, are on display.

The right-wing extremist killed 77 people in in the worst peacetime atrocity in Norway, claiming he was fighting against multiculturalism and a "Muslim invasion".

The temporary exhibition is housed on the ground floor of the government complex in Oslo that the killer, now 36, unsuccessfully tried to blow up with a massive car bomb.

"The information centre should spread knowledge in order to prevent hatred, violence and terrorism," Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg said at the opening, in a speech that brought her close to tears.

http://news.yahoo.com/norway-opens-breivik-massacre-exhibition-111105270.html

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

Re: Norway opens Breivik massacre exhibition.

...it's Norway and it's of absolutely no interest to me.  We have our own massacres and shrines to deal with. 

Esteemed Contributor

From what I've been reading for a while, Norway has been faced with a huge increase in crime especially rapes.

Unfortunately sometimes unhinged, unstable people take matters into their own hands.......

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

...it's Norway and it's of absolutely no interest to me.  We have our own massacres and shrines to deal with. 

it's obvious that you have some interest.. 

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Esteemed Contributor

It's another countty and they deal with things in their way.  It's out of sorts for me but I don't live there. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

So you choose to be snarky on a topic in which you have "absolutely no interest?"