Occasional Contributor

Northern Nights bed in a box

Today's special value is a Northern Nights bed in a box. 
I'm debating getting a new bed, but my husband doesn't think it will help.

We have a King sized Mattress Firm Box spring and mattress.

i always slide down the sides of the bed and end up on the floor.  

No matter how close I lay towards the center of the bed I still fall off.

Maybe I should just sleep on the floor? Lol.

Any recommendations?

Honored Contributor

Re: Northern Nights bed in a box

@josie2019    Get rid of that slick nylon nightgown.  Consider flannel.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@josie2019 ..bed rails.

Honored Contributor

I don't know anything about this TSV or mattresses now-a-days.

Used to be that some mattresses had/have a reinforced rim all around the perimeter.  

Not a hard rim, but reinforced so one can sit on the side and not slide off.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Unless you have another reason for a new mattress, just getting a bed rail should do the trick.  

Honored Contributor

All of those foam mattresses are flimsy on the perimeter.  Some are made with springs so that you can sit on the edge..if not, you're gonna be on the floor. Bed rails aren't going to help.

If this truly bothers you, shop locally where you can try before you buy.  I have landed on the floor a time or two as well.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie   Before commenting on memory foam mattresses, you need to try one.  They're very firm and not the least bit flimsy.  Believe me, you're in no danger if being on the floor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's how the mattresses are being made - it's not u. Very High Prices.

Most manufacturers were bought out by those hedge funds - and they put a lot of foam in mattresses and there are many complaints. They give warranties - but never honor them. 

Google mattress complaints.

I always shop at my local mattress store -- where I can speak to a salesperson - and I like to lie on various mattresses. Before going to the store, I check Yelp for several mattress stores in the area - and when people post about certain salesmen or the manager, I ask for that person.

In the last 19 yrs, I've purchased 8 mattresses (I have 4 bedrooms) from the same mattress store - good prices, free shipping and they remove my old mattresses. I can exchange a mattress if I'm not happy within 90 days. I never had a problem.

Neither me nor my little dog ever fell off a mattress. Can't even understand that.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I have tried a few.   I know that some of them are firmer on the perimeter  than others, but you have to test them out, not all of them are.  

I know what the OP is talking about....seems she has one that isn't working for her.

Honored Contributor

Sorry--I bought a bed in a box and NOTHING about it flimsy at all--the best mattress I bought so far---Got it about 4 years ago before the b-in-b was a thing so I paid more for it--but I have never felt as comfy in a bed.