Honored Contributor

Re: Northern Nights 600 TC Egyptian cotton sheets

[ Edited ]

@luvtoshop2 

Did you use fabric softener?  Most fabrics these days will turn scratchy if fabric softener is used.  Today's fabrics don't need it.....

Personally I like Northern Nights Wrinkle Defense sheet sets, 400 thread count.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@luvtoshop2 wrote:

I recently received the TSV Northern Night sheets.  I thought by watching the presentation they would be soft.  After washing I found they were not soft and after making bed,  rough and  when any movement was made, seemed noisy!  Can someone recommend the softest sheets of all cotton?

@luvtoshop2   I have found that Northern Nights sheets become softer in time.  I have them and ordered a new set recently. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are horrible and going back. I have better things to do than figure out how to fix horribly wrinkled and scratchy sheets. I have contacted QVC about not having to pay return charges for this inferior product. I am waiting to hear back.

Update: the return fee is being waived. So, if you are going to return them, I suggest contacting QVC first.

Respected Contributor

Mine arrived and I washed them using goat milk soap and a vinegar rinse.  Hung them on my clothesline.  WONDERFUL!  Soft and fresh.  Not scratchy at all.  Smooth as can be.

Respected Contributor

Fortunately, we have choices in what kind of sheets we purchase!  I like the type being discussed, they are generally referred to as "crisp" sheets and, yes, they are heavy.  Usually, these are the type found in fine hotels.  They eventually lose their crispness and become softer after many, many washes. 

Esteemed Contributor

You know, we all just have different tastes, I guess. I really love mine and I'm so glad I took a chance and purchased them.

Honored Contributor

I’m sending these back. I’m not worried about wrinkles but they were scratchy, heavy and no way would I put these on my bed. Guess I’ll go back to The Company Store sheets. 

The reviews are coming in and there are quite a few unhappy customers who are returning these. 

Honored Contributor

@luvtoshop2  You can also try cotton sateen sheets.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

The best sheets I’ve ever purchased were H217320. 

Honored Contributor

The best sheets I ever owned were high thread count percale. and they didn't come out of the dryer all wrinkled

They were a smooth as silk, I wish I could still my them