Honored Contributor

Re: Northern Lights Seen Across Wales After Rare Storm

On 3/19/2015 Lotus~ said:

They were seen out east on Long Island on St. Patrick's Day....of course I missed it.

https://www.facebook.com/News12LI/photos/a.10150603910768551.392981.41536098550/10152931432128551/?...

And thank you, Lotus, that's beautiful. Amazing what it does to the sky so we can clearly see the stars.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/19/2015 Luv2Decorate said:

We saw the Northern Lights in Michigan on Tuesday night. They are often visible throughout the year.

I have an app that tells me when our area will have the best chance of seeing them.

One time we were in the UP and the NL were dancing across the sky with a beautiful reflection in Lake Superior. They are kind of spooky.

Can I ask what the app is that you can track the lights?

9&10 profiled a photographer from Rogers City who caught quite a show at the bridge yesterday. We've seen them in the UP as well.

Respected Contributor

On 3/19/2015 LaterGator said:

The Northern Lights were visible over Perry, Ohio at the same time last week. I saw the pictures on FB. They were beautiful.

Hey there Gator!!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

Absolutely gorgeous sight to see. THX

Super Contributor

Hi Lotus, Hope you're doing well. We're moving this weekend and I'm so not ready. I would not recommend anyone move themselves after living in the same home for ten years. It's a lot of work. Had we already moved, we could have seen those Northern Lights in Perry because it's only a few miles from where we're going.

Super Contributor

My mom told us that when she lived in Oklahoma out on the prairie in the 20's, her family saw the Northern Lights one night. They were beautiful, but she said it scared her mother so because she thought the end of time was coming!

Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 ivey said:

My mom told us that when she lived in Oklahoma out on the prairie in the 20's, her family saw the Northern Lights one night. They were beautiful, but she said it scared her mother so because she thought the end of time was coming!

I imagine it did scare a lot of people.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

That is a beautiful sight !

Thanks for posting this !!!

Esteemed Contributor

Very interesting. We have sunsets here (So CA) that look like your photos.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

So awesome! Thank you for sharing.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."