Esteemed Contributor

Re: Northern California Heat Wave & Info

On 10/5/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 10/5/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

You guys in CA just haven't gotten a break at all, have you? The amount of fires there is just unreal.

Our summer here in NC has been on the cooler side. We have had some hot and humid days but nothing like we normally have.

Today was cooler and it is dipping into the 40's at night.

I know exactly how you feel about the heat. I really didn't mind it before my autoimmune disease, but having that just made it horrible. It just drains me immediately of all energy. I am wondering if that is what you experience too?

I hope things get cooler for you soon and you get some good, long soaking rain.

Keep cool inside!

Hi Irshgrl Smile Yes, I have the same reaction you do. It makes me feel really weak, drained, I don't sleep... I don't even want to eat. I've had two doctors tell me not to go outside when it's hot. Stay in the house and keep it dark. What a joy that is... not.

I'm really sorry to hear you go through that, too. It makes being sick all the worse, especially since there are always people you come in contact with that don't get it.

Maybe we should move to Canada, the really cold part Smile Kind of a daydream I'm having lately.

Yep, I feel the same. I lose my appetite as well and I have to force myself to eat and I really hate doing that.

I hope your weather starts behaving itself for you. I would love for you to have a nice brisk fall day soon!

Canada sounds wonderful! I am right there with you! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

You guys in CA just haven't gotten a break at all, have you? The amount of fires there is just unreal.

Our summer here in NC has been on the cooler side. We have had some hot and humid days but nothing like we normally have.

I know exactly how you feel about the heat. I really didn't mind it before my autoimmune disease, but having that just made it horrible. It just drains me immediately of all energy. I am wondering if that is what you experience too?

Keep cool inside!

I have Lupus...

If I go out and it's 70 degrees but high humidity, I feel like I am going to die.

But a day like yesterday, 105 degrees but only 6% humidity, it does not bother me much.

Honored Contributor

On 10/5/2014 BaileyandBella said:

This weather is crazy.....all summer we never hit 100 once until 2 weeks ago.....BUT it was so humid all summer, it was miserable. We usually hit over a 100 several times.

The only good thing about these last 2 heat waves, is it's been really dry, about 6% humidity.

I posted about the so cal weather changes a while ago...glad I am not the only one Smiley Happy

Hi B&B Smile

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Keep cool inside!

I have Lupus...

If I go out and it's 70 degrees but high humidity, I feel like I am going to die.

But a day like yesterday, 105 degrees but only 6% humidity, it does not bother me much.

I was wondering how you were doing in the heat. That humidity was a real shocker, I agree about how it made us feel. I can't take the dry heat, either.

FYI: direct hot sun can bring on a lupus flare, be careful out there Smile

Super Contributor

Another weird thing......the Sierras, Mammoth specifically. Been going to Mammoth in the summer for about 40 years and also lived there for 5 years. RARELY any rain in the summer, a quick drizzle and that was it.

We were there for 4 days this summer and it POURED almost the whole time, lightning too.....very odd. I think it was the heaviest rain I have ever seen!

Super Contributor

Noel, I don't really like ANY heat.....LOL, but I like the dry heat MUCH better than the humidity!

Honored Contributor

Bikerbabe...I wasn't sure where you lived, but the thread started out being about those who live in the areas of Ca where it doesn't usually get so hot for such long periods of time. And where the livelihood of many people (like in the AG industry) depends on it not being this way.

But...threads evolve, and this one did too.

Yes, we would all like it to cool off, and rain would be a big plus, too. Have a good evening.Smile

Honored Contributor

I think those of you in SoCal have had the humidity. I've heard it mentioned before. It's still very dry up in the northern areas.

Respected Contributor

Another weird thing......the Sierras, Mammoth specifically. Been going to Mammoth in the summer for about 40 years and also lived there for 5 years. RARELY any rain in the summer, a quick drizzle and that was it.

We were there for 4 days this summer and it POURED almost the whole time, lightning too.....very odd. I think it was the heaviest rain I have ever seen!

I'm doing a kitchen for a builder here who has a home in Mammoth, I'm actually doing the kitchen for the Mammoth home.......he went up this Friday and said it was raining there............very different weather for that area...............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

On 10/5/2014 NoelSeven said:

Keep cool inside!

Hi Irshgrl Smile Yes, I have the same reaction you do. It makes me feel really weak, drained, I don't sleep... I don't even want to eat. I've had two doctors tell me not to go outside when it's hot. Stay in the house and keep it dark. What a joy that is... not.

I'm really sorry to hear you go through that, too. It makes being sick all the worse, especially since there are always people you come in contact with that don't get it.

Maybe we should move to Canada, the really cold part Smile Kind of a daydream I'm having lately.

Yep, I feel the same. I lose my appetite as well and I have to force myself to eat and I really hate doing that.

I hope your weather starts behaving itself for you. I would love for you to have a nice brisk fall day soon!

Canada sounds wonderful! I am right there with you! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Thank you Smiley Happy