Valued Contributor

Re: Northeast could get up to 24 inches of snow

I think you're a lil further North than me @CrazyKittyLvr2 in PA. I'm technically NE PA but kinda in the middle! It was originally a few inches & than yesterday we went to 12-16" expected! Went to Wegmans @6am when they opened and probably saw 40-50 cars that early! Got in & out!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia Evergreens....reason to worry - they break very easily.  In the future if you - or hire somebody - sweep and knock whatever you can off with a broom. 

I had to do that couple years ago and although I was a cold mess with snow pounding down on my head. ...I saved them.  They don't recover fast = branches just hold that load like a shelf.

Honored Contributor

My first instinct with fresh snow is to go play in it. Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@sometimesQVCaddict   I am not too awfully far from the NY state border.

Honored Contributor

A joke I heard: 

"How are men and snow alike?

"You don't know when it's gonna come, you don't know how many inches you'll get, you don't know how long it'll last."

ba-dum-dum  

Esteemed Contributor

Schools have cancelled a few hours ago for Monday already, here in PA.

Make it stop!

Don't want all of this!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in Ct and expecting quite a bit. I could stand the thought of it if only I didn't have to fret and pace over my adult kids and grandchildren having to drive to work in spite of it.

I have a guy who snowblows my driveway/sidewalk/and shovels the front steps but the worst is that it never fails that soon after he's done the town plow will drive down the street and pile it 3 or 4 feet high and wide at the bottom of the driveway. God forbid you go out there and knock yourself out getting it cleared just enough to get yourself out if you need to, they are sure to make one more run at it and do it all over again.

I think they all keep in touch via cell phone and say "hey, house number such and such on such and such street just shoveled the bottom of her driveway, who wants to take a turn stacking it up again".  And they drive like speed demons. 

Honored Contributor

@threecees :  I bet Meadow does. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe, all we know for sure is we are going to get a lot.  I don't care if we get 40 inches, I don't have to out into it.  Oh, the beauty of working from home!  The plus side of the pandemic is that fewer people are out and about so the roads won't be clogged when the road crews are out plowing.  The clean up will be quicker and faster.  i liked watching the snow fall all day, the UPS guy was here around 7pm and he said it wasn't too bad out there.  It's soft anf fluffy.  But the heavy accumulation will come tonight and into tomorrow.  

Honored Contributor

I saw it on the news tonight while all day my largest worry today was will it stop raining so I can roll my trash cans out (it did not).  Stay safe everybody.