Trusted Contributor

Northeast could get up to 24 inches of snow

Yuck!Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

Re: Northeast could get up to 24 inches of snow

I agree. Not liking this snow that has started here already. The ground is almost covered. I thought it was to start a bit later, but I guess not as it is 1 p.m. here in east central PA. 

Respected Contributor

Oh my!  As much as I love snow, that is just too much!

Stay safe all!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

Please send some of it (not all of it!) my way. We had snow last week but only for a day. 

Super Contributor

It started much earlier here in PA than they were predicting.

Trusted Contributor

It hasn't started yet in northern New Jersey.   Supposedly will start after 4:00 p.m. today.    

Esteemed Contributor

I don't relish this (though I think we'll get less than 6", relatively minor) but I hate ice even more.  We had a storm 6 weeks ago or so that left everything coated in heavy ice for several days.  I fretted endlessly about my evergreens, some bent (and stuck to) the ground.

Dare I even say, may no massive power outages affect those in the path of this storm.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Friday night we were in the 1 inch group with the higher amounts in the southern 1/2 of Pa.

I didn't see the weather last night so imagine my surprise this am to see we are due for several inches of the stuff. I've seen 5 to 8" and I've seen 12 to 18".

DD called her boss as tomorrow is the first of Feb. and they do billing. She left to drive 70mi. round trip to meet him at the office and is bringing her computer home in case she can't get in to work. She was going to run into Weis for 3 things.  Ha.  The phone rang and when I answered all I heard was laughing and, "oh,he** no, I am not going in Weis, the parking lot is full from one end to the other.  We will make do."

Ok by me.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I've heard we're in for 8" to 14" in Central MA.  That's more than enough for me!

Respected Contributor

Yes, we are all getting ready for a WInter Wonderland!!

I made sure to fill up the bird feeder as soon as the backyard started turning white.