Honored Contributor

Re: North to South California is on Fire

@Noel7 wrote:

The San Francisco Bay Area is on a medical alert not to open the windows where we are because of the smoke and particulates in the air.

Our house is still hot and uncomfortable from the heat wave.

@Noel7

You have my sympathy.  We have smoke in the air from local fires but nothing like we had a month or so ago from the fires in BC.  I don't have asthma and it is hard to breath!

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Many years ago in the San Fernando Valley we had horrible fires burning almost in every direction.  I was driving to pick up my daughter at school and there was so much smoke and soot it made for poor visibility.  My daughter was outside with other people when I got there and everyone had dirty faces from the smoke, that is how bad it was.

Many homes in Chastworth and Northridge had been destroyed in that fire.  We went through all our closets and filled boxes with clothes to take to the drop off areas for the displaced families. 

I loved California in all of the forty years I lived there and regret having left.  I miss it but I don't miss the fires and earthquakes.  We would have gone back if housing wasn't so darn expensive.  Praying for the safety of everyone and that the fires will be controlled quickly.  California firefighters are the best, love those people. Heart

@Lindsays Grandma

Your story sounds like mine.  I was born in Pasadena, moved to Orange County when I was in grade school and lived there for over 40 years before I picked up and moved to the Seattle area.  There are things I still miss like the Hollywood Bowl, Greek Theater, etc.  But all in all I am glad I made the move.  I like the weather much better and they haven't completely paved the area but they are working on it!

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

While Texas has been getting all of the attention, and rightly so, California burns, and has received very little, if any coverage, except locally.

To see the fires, here's Cal Fire's fire map.

http://www.fire.ca.gov/general/firemaps

@Plaid Pants2   There are apparently some pretty big fires burning in Washington, Montana, and I heard Oregon which didn't make it to your map.  I haven't heard anything about them either except a mention that they are responsible for the very hazy skies we have in Albuquerque.

You should know by now that news happening on the East Coast always gets much more attention than what's going on in the West, and you'll hear a lot more about California than you will New Mexico. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment