Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Did any one watch the special that aired on cnn,last night?

@goldensrbest

No. I have no interest in how they choose to give their opinions, especially on your title of this thread.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: North korea

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Did any one watch the special that aired on cnn,last night?

@goldensrbest

No. I have no interest in how they choose to give their opinions, especially on your title of this thread.

hckynut(john)

Okay,so why post? John you seem to be in a bad mood.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

If they hate the US so much, why was that kid wearing a Portland Trailblazer shirt?  It had to have come from their buddy Dennis Rodman!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest

Unless I am mistaken, your post ended with a (?), and I gave my answer.  Others added why they didn't see it, and I did exactly the same, using different words. 

Just saw the "edit" in your post. So????

ETA:    No, i am not in a bad mood, I love life, every single day.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I thought it was interesting.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

The panorama of the large city was astoundingly beautiful, so many colors, so very perfectly manicured.  The show did a good job of showing how the people live in a tightly controlled bubble and believe whatever they are told.  Leadership, deceased and current, are their heaven sent gods.  If they should harbor any secret doubt, they could never express it. They'll do whatever they are told to do.

A few have escaped into China and on to Viet Nam, very difficult to do without being apprehended and sent back to a probable death sentence.  Once they are able to get outside information, they know they had been lied to about the outside world.

The most interesting aspect was the sheer lack of doubt and being satisfied to accept what they are told is true. 

Honored Contributor

@Free2be  I read a very interesting article about those that want to leave North Korea....and how dangerous it is and incredibly difficult to get out of North Korea.  What a horrible horrible place to live!

God Bless America!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸❤️❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

I recorded it but haven't watched it yet.  I look forward to seeing it after reading this thread.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've heard in reports over the years that North Koreans don't always have enough to eat.  Did CNN's report discuss that?

Respected Contributor

I saw most of the show.

We must keep in mind that reporters see what they are "supposed to see". Nothing is uncensored..

My first trip to Russia before the end of the cold war was the same way. we rode in a bus in a giant circle for hours, most didn't realize what was happening. but we were aware.

In this show all was clean,perfect, happy and pretty.

It was still very interesting.

They are just people. Unfortunately controlled by a dictatorship. A leader who displays no self control. One who doesn't go without, but doesn't care if the masses do.

It is a sad situation.