Valued Contributor

How did this fire start?  I saw this on the news when I got home from work today.  sunshine45 say hi to dawnsmom.  How is she doing?

Honored Contributor
OMG, That does sound serious. I suppose your drought has made things even worse. Our forest fire season has been virtually non-existent due to all the rain we've had. Our fire crews have left the state for other areas. Probably in your area.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
it customarily takes a little while to determine cause in this kind of fire - it's not usually immediately known.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:
it customarily takes a little while to determine cause in this kind of fire - it's not usually immediately known.

I live in northern California moonchilde and am familiar with our fires this year.  I just didn't know if there was a cause or possible cause.  I have not seen too many fires involving cars on a freeway before and have lived here since 1974.

Respected Contributor

Sunshine, please tell Dawnsmom hi from hennypenny. Wish she would post . We miss her. How are her grandkids?

I hate hearing about these fires. Now with the drought everthing is tinder dry and explosive.

Honored Contributor
Dell, do you mean you wonder if the fire started in a car/in the freeway? No, it started in the brush and burned up to and over the freeway and kept on going.
Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:
Dell, do you mean you wonder if the fire started in a car/in the freeway? No, it started in the brush and burned up to and over the freeway and kept on going.

Yes moonchild that is what I meant.  Sorry I didn't make myself more clear.  Wow that had to have been so scary for the people on the freeway.  I saw pictures on the news and couldn't fathom what had happened.  Thanks for your reply.

Honored Contributor
Dell, there were highway patrol & firemen telling people to get out of their cars and run. And one video which will probably go viral of a family trying to outrun the flames as they came right at their car. They barely made it.