Honored Contributor

Re: North Georgia Storm Prep Report

Very true @Susan Louise!  I have some in the backyard and I remember when another hurricane skirted near.  We had one go down on our back fence.  I hope they fare better this time.

GA Peeps, official word is to be storm ready no later than 8am Monday.  Make Sunday a good day.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Evie2004 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Evie2004 wrote:

Our 2 nieces (ages 45 & 46) are SCHEDULED to fly into Atlanta Wednesday afternoon, on their way to Phoenix..their first vacation EVER, they started planning this 6 months ago..praying that the airport is open by then, that Irma does not ruin this for them, of course, praying for everyone affected by this horrible storm.

@Evie2004  We are scheduled to get hit Monday into Tuesday so your nieces should be fine for Wednesday.  In fact, that's supposed to be a break day before it starts raining again on Thursday.  They picked  the right day!  I hope they enjoy the city.  Smiley Happy 

@Laura14 thanks you for the update! I will make sure the girls know..they are very worried! Hope you & yours stay safe!

My son called me yesterday afternoon from Minneapolis. He is scheduled to fly into Atlanta on Wednesday. We know what the current forecast is for that week but you never know. Even if the worst has passed, related complications could make travel difficult. Fingers crossed for our friends, family and everyone coming into the area.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14: We had 3 friends to check on us today and took DH shopping. Around 1 pm no rain but 35 mph winds and power went out for about 5 hours  We are truly Blessed. What we went through was nothing compared to so many others. My thoughts and prayers are for every one dealing with everything. I appreciate all the care and concern everyone expressed. SouthernBee