Honored Contributor

Re: North Carolina Shut Down For 30 Days

I don't know why any states are giving a time period for the shutdown.  No one knows how long these restrictions will have to be in place.

My governor reiterates that almost every briefing (which he gives daily).  

Valued Contributor

In New Jersey everything but essential services are closed. Grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, convenience stores, doctors offices are all open. Restaurants are open for take out only.  I've been working from home for the last three weeks. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WV is ending week 2 of the shut down.

It’s not a problem to get groceries, gas, meds at the pharmacy, go to the drive thru at the bank, pick up fast food, run into Lowe’s, etc.   People are being reminded not to use an encounter in the grocery store as a time to socialize.

The mall, movie theater, skating rink,  and bowling alley are closed.

Doctors offices are open, and keeping certain appts, which they confirm by phone, but the office door is kept locked, and staff lets you in when they’re ready - only one person in the waiting room at a time.   

Trucker daughter works out of NC, and is now required to have a letter from her company in her personal vehicle, stating she is an essential employee, and explaining her presence in the state during the shutdown.

Also, ALL funerals are immediate family only; no public visitation and friends can only be at the open graveside service if family allows.   

Esteemed Contributor

I am hopeful that many things will get more efficient.  

A friend started with a few concerning symptoms, called PCP, and it was determined that a virus test was in order.  The PCP faxed a script for the test, and my friend called a local hospital which was offering drive through testing and made an appointment.  Everything went very smoothly.  Well, this person wisely chose to work from home, doing the right thing.  

Fortunately, the symptoms have gotten so much better they are mild.  It took 11 days for results of this test.  I find this unacceptable and scary.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  In my state the two week, 'stay at home' started on Tuesday of this week...it may or may not be lifted...it depends on the 'numbers' at the end of the two weeks and if we have helped to flatten tur curve...No one has a crystal ball 

Esteemed Contributor

I’m considered essential and still going in. I work for CPS. I’m just very glad that they finally shut the doors Friday afternoon for anyone coming in. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

The NC govenor is shutting down NC for 30 days in an effort to end the virus here.  

I can easily see this is cecessary, and I hope all of the beautiful ladies that shop with are safe and sound.  I miss seeing them even when I'm off.

Is anyone else in a shut down (or pending) state?

My area is not shut down, but I wish it was. I have only been to wal mart twice in the last two weeks to pick stuff up. That is all I have been out.

I am afraid I will weigh 300 lbs by the time this is over. I just want to cook and eat and repeat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@iwrite wrote:

why is nc more than a day late and more than a dollar short?

@iwrite 

North Carolina went into ‘Stay at home’ in several Counties as of last Sunday.  On Wednesday night our governor gave warning ⚠️ that the entire state would go into ‘Stay at home’ as of Friday.  On Thursday he reaffirmed that order.

I think Gov. Cooper has done an excellent job, he has been very active, and in contact on the state radio daily.  

Also, NC shut down the ACC basketball 🏀 tournament before the NBA started shut down talks, and he closed our university system very quickly thereafter.

Many states have as many or way more cases than @750 and are still in denial.

While we are usually not as progressive as I would like, in this case we are not late.

💙💙💙

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

All the essentials are still accessible in NC so it's not a hardship. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

California

Ours is called Shelter in Place  it came first as a mandate from Santa Clara County, sa Francisco and a few Bay Area counties.   Then a couple days later The Governor ordered the bars, restaurants and such closed.  Very few things are concidered essential.  But it works for me.  Food, gas , pharmacy, some hotels are open  airline are open if needed. Then final phase was some parks, state beaches etc.

ETA   I think it all depended on the 6-7 foot social distancing.  Our Trader Joe's and Costco  started allowing only a limited amt of people in store at one time.  Tey are sticking to limited items as well,   can't hoard at Costco, thank  God!