Honored Contributor

I recently had a Macy's sales woman who did the same thing for me, wonderful service!!  I think most large dept stores that have stores in so many locations will offer this service.

Esteemed Contributor

It does feel good to have those in the service industry make the customers feel important. That's great that you had such a positive experience, but I haven't found that this is typical of Nordstrom's service based on my experiences.  It's difficult to locate service help in most areas of my local Nordstrom.  In some parts of the store I feel invisible and other parts I feel all alone.  Shoe department is the worst place to find help--they seem understaffed.  I guess as with many chains, not every Nordstrom is run the same.

Honored Contributor

I don't shop department stores anymore but that's pretty standard for the larger department stores, perhaps not the free shipping.  Since everything is computerized now, they can locate items at other stores and they are more than happy to make the sale and ship it to you.  I think all to often, people just look at the racks and if their size isn't there, they leave.  They should speak with the sales associates and ask if the item is available in any other stores.  

Honored Contributor

Nordstrom does have excellent CS but you will also find it at Saks and Neiman Marcus.    These stores will all go the extra mile; however, I am particularly fond of Nordstrom because they were the first store to offer free shipping and returns then everyone followed their lead.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Yes, many stores have great customer service.  I was looking for a specific pair of shoes for my husband.  DSW had the shoes in the store but not his size.  They were at my front door two days later, free shipping.

Respected Contributor

I've the same experience many times with Macy's.   They go out of their way to quickly find the item, find the best/lowest price, no shipping charges and get it to me fast.   

Honored Contributor

They do have excellent customer service.... when I've shopped there I've been made to feel that I'm a very important, valued customer and I've remembered that!

Neiman's has outstanding CS as well.... incredible.

All we have here is a Dillards.... Better than a Meh.

Now I'm thinking that a road trip to the BIG MALL (2 hours away) might be worth the day.... Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Nordstrom does have excellent CS but you will also find it at Saks and Neiman Marcus.    These stores will all go the extra mile; however, I am particularly fond of Nordstrom because they were the first store to offer free shipping and returns then everyone followed their lead.  Cat Very Happy

I have to agree with you @Katcat1, I really love all three stores and their customer service. Customer service has gotten so important to me, much more important than it was in my 20s and 30s for some reason and I shop at stores (grocery stores included) that are more expensive but make up for it IMO with great customer service. I live really close to Saks and Neiman Marcus and shop there often.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK