Respected Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

I don't think I purchased anything last year, but am enjoying this year's sale.   For me at least, their website has been much better than in years past.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't purchased in a couple of years and I no longer get their sale catalog.  But I did at one time had their card.  My sister and I went the first day and we each got the same sweater (Rag & Bone)  Cashmere.....still have it. The color was magenta.  It's still gorgeous. 

Honored Contributor

Funny but I have never been a big Nordstrom fan. I used to love Lord and Taylor. The one in Manhasset and Garden City were wonderful destinations and after totally renovating them, they were soon closed. 

I am not much of a sale shopper. I buy what I want based more on my needs and not my wants.... The silly designations they group their customers hinting towards it is an honor to be able to shop their sales early is a total turn off for me...

Honored Contributor

Much like Amazon prime day, I never find anything I want during the sale. 

Respected Contributor

Roughly 80% of what I put on my wish list is still available. The things that have sold out were either beauty products or a Barefoot Dreams throw that I was interested in. 

I can't actually purchase them until later this month when it opens to the general public. I know several people that are annoyed that they have to wait their turn, based on their loyalty level/credit card status. However; it's really no different than what airlines and hotels do with their loyalty progams. The more you spend with them, the better the benefits. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I ordered this really cute Suede Moto Jacket, I couldn't wait to get it, it came today. I wear a medium and wear a size 8 in pants. I ordered a large thinking I want it roomy in case I want to wear layers under the jacket. I watched a video about the jacket, the woman said these run big ( I was hoping it wouldn't be too big).  I tried it on, guess what, it was TIGHT, so back it goes. They send it in this little package all folded nice and neat, you know you'll never get it back in the way it came out, I had to stuff it in. What's up with sizing, I shouldn't need an XL jacket.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I ordered this really cute Suede Moto Jacket, I couldn't wait to get it, it came today. I wear a medium and wear a size 8 in pants. I ordered a large thinking I want it roomy in case I want to wear layers under the jacket. I watched a video about the jacket, the woman said these run big ( I was hoping it wouldn't be too big).  I tried it on, guess what, it was TIGHT, so back it goes. They send it in this little package all folded nice and neat, you know you'll never get it back in the way it came out, I had to stuff it in. What's up with sizing, I shouldn't need an XL jacket.

@Jordan2  Moto jackets are cut so small to begin with.  I'm rather bored with moto styling by now though.  I won't buy a moto jacket.  I'll buy jacket styles that can fit me, but I don't need a new coat.  I got a nice Cole Haan down coat last winter.  I have coats, coats, coats, coats.  The only type I don't own is a traditional trench.  Have a black leather trench only.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset I didn't really need it, but I don't have a suede or leather jacket and liked this one.